Wednesday, 30 July 2008

New movie seen and a Donny Osmond Doll?????

Hi everyone

Oh what an interesting week it's been so far. I received a rather fun suprize in the post.
I really am still having such a giggle at this, and thanks again Janet for sending him, it truely was a surprize indeed. Want to see him?? Shall I share him with you?? LOL, hold on for just a bit and I will. He's is going travelling with me on the 8th to the Little Scrapbook Shop's retreat, so may just have to have him pose for us whilst there too.
Yesterday was fun as well. I went to see the movie Mamma Mia with Deanne & Jenni and oh boy oh boy oh boy, what a movie. I'm not going to give any spoilers in case you've not seen it yet, but do go and see it. You won't regret it. I can't wait to see it again, own the dvd and get the sound track!
I love Meryl Streep, have respected her acting talents for years, but oh my, she is simply amazing in this movie!! I know she can sing but wow, she is stellar in this. And as for all the other actors, Julie Walters, Christine Baranski, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth etc, all just brilliant. Being filmed in Greece, the backdrops are stunning, makes me want to visit Greece for sure one day too.
Do yourselves a favour and go see it. Even if you are not an Abba fan, you'll forget that there's Abba songs being sung, it's just so cleverly intertwined in the plot. Very very clever indeed.
Okay soooooooooo.......here's the doll I received. I've never really been a doll person. I've never really been a collector of much memoribilia since I moved overseas in the late 70's so this is/was a total surprize to receive. JenJen he doesn't have purple socks either, but that doesn't matter.
I was looking at him after opening it and starring in disbelieve. Surely not, it isn't is it, yes it is!! I asked hubby when he came home from work, held him up and said who do you think this is?? He said straight way....................
...........Donny Osmond of course, where the heck did that come from? He burst out laughing. I had to email Janet to double check she'd organised for him to be sent, and yup, she did. Too funny. Okay here 'he' is...................







Here he is, out of his packaging ..............



Is it the big toothy smile or what?

He's decided he wants to come to the LSBS retreat on the 8th with me, so here he is just about to jump into my trolly cube, and another of him making himself right at home in there with some of my scrapping gear ROFL.

See ya, promise I'll take more photos of 'Donnys' antics at the retreat. He'll be the only 'male' there, ROFL.

hugs
Wirg

6 comments:

Jenni's Space said...

OMG Wirg, i almost peed myself when i scrolled down and saw the doll, i am sure he will keep you very warm on the nights you are away at the retreat....WAFL!

Missty said...

Hope Donny doesn't get up to too much mischief on his own amongst all those girls at the retreat lol.

Yvette said...

What a crack up!! I cant wait to meet Donny (and you too :D ) at the retreat... just over a week to go, YAY!!!

Sandie said...

Oh Wirg, this is way too funny. What a great friend Jen Jen is to send this to you. LOL.
What a lucky boy he will be flirting with all those women - I can just see some of the photos now.............LOL.

What a hoot. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed the film too!!!!!
Luv Sandie

Unknown said...

LMAO - that is too funny!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I have only one thing to say. . .

W.A.F.L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanne
xxx

hahahahahaha!