Sooooooo I went to see my doctor yesterday, the heart tests won't be back till next week, so I've got to go again next Thursday afternoon. Must be calm and patient. After that's back then I'll be having some lung tests.
I look kinda funny with these round red blistery marks on my chest and shoulder, that's what happens to my skin when I have tape on me longer than a few hours, but the Lucas Paw Paw ointment is doing wonders and they are healing quite quickly without getting more blistery like my skin used to do.
My blood tests came back and the good thing is nearly everything is fine, I don't have high cholesterol, no diabetes in sight, only a slight increase in my ANA count (which is high anyway but means lupus is in remission now) amongst many other things that were tested. I do however have a very very very (doctor stressed very!) low level of vitamin D. How, what, why me askes!!!
Okay, so you don't go out in the sun, we know what it does to you, but you have to get at least 1/2 an hour of sun each day for the next 3 months and take this vitamin supplement every day as well she says.
I have to go out between 11am and 4pm to get the good 'rays' she tells me, what thaaaa? Can I wear a hat and dark glasses and long sleeves?? Noooooooooo you need the sun to be on your skin for at least 1/2 an hour every day. Okay yes you can wear the hat and dark glasses, no probs, but you must have your legs and/or arms bare to soak up the good rays dear girl.
Yuck yuck yuuuuuuuuck, but I have to do it because this is part of what's causing my joint aches, my vitamin D count is so low it's not allowing calcium to be absorbed into my body as it should (& I get plenty of calcium) and I'm very very prone to osteoporosis.
Sooooooooooo next shopping trip it's a new big brimmed hat for me. I can make do with what I have for now. I really do love hats too! What an excuse to get a new one I recon LOL. I'll have to stock up on more sunscreen soon enough so may as well now during winter. Glad I bought new sunnies whilst in Perth too.
So until my next appointment, I'll be soaking up some rays and trying not to think the worst.
byee for now, I've some sewing to do, I'll take photos later, got new pjs for the LSBS retreat on 8th August, so so so soooo darn cute!! And new black with hot pink piping ugg boots (Layne Beachley label, cool as!)
hugs
Wirg
3 comments:
Enjoy the sun Wirgie! Glad the rest of your tests were clear. At least Vit D is easy enough to get more of (except for the downside - sitting in the sun loL!)
Deanne
xx
so glad to hear you can do something relatively simple and painless to start getting your health back on track :-D
Well that is the best outcome you could've wished for Wirg.....so pleased to hear that its nothing serious.
Thinking of you matie..........hey now all you need is for the sun to come out...........LOL.
Luv ya...........Sandie
Post a Comment