Wednesday, 18 April 2007

OMG.... now I've done it............

..........yep, went and joined a gym today. I'm committed, I've signed on the dotted line, I'm booked in tomorrow for a workshop to assess me AND I've take the package that includes a nutritionist and weightloss program to boot.

I looked at myself the other day whilst trying to find a new bra I so desperately need and nearly died. I don't want to go the way my Mum went. I've made the first step and am determined to be a slimmer, fitter healther me before I hit that big "five O" in July 2008. I was asked when I went to visit today, why I wanted to go there. What amount of weight did I want to loose and what was my motivation. I told them about my Mum, my horrible time after my son was born, my car accident 4 years ago and how I just feel so tired all the time. That no amount of sleep makes me feel like I've slept. I said I wanted to loose 20 kilos, I could do that easy they said. 20 kilos, that's a lot of extra weight for a little 4ft 8" to carry around. Easy they said, now how's that for optimism! I am feeling like I could probably loose more than that, but this is my goal to start with.

What's so exciting about this is I phoned a girlfriend just a little while ago and told her and she screamed down the phone at me she's so excited coz she'd just joined a month ago so we have someone to go with YAYYYYYYYY!!

Well, I'm starting off tonight with leafy green salad and grilled marinated chicken breast for tea. Not sure if that's what they'll have in my diet program, but gotta start somewhere. Hubby's just said he's very proud of me for doing this, and I'm sure where ever my dear Mum is, she'll be proud too.

Catch ya!
Wirg.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good on you Wirg!