Saturday, 21 April 2007

It's Saturday and what have I done???

Hey ho everyone

Well, I did the grocery shop and thought I might have blown the budget. I bought a ton of frozen veg for the freezer and loads more meat too. Nope came in under budget, must be doing something right there.

After putting everything away, I started to tackle the 3 very large piles of 'stuff' I'd built up on and around my craft area and computer desk. At the same time, I decided I should have a clean out of my 'scraps'. I store my scrap bits of cardboard/paper in one of those concertina folders that looks like a bit of a brief case with a handle on the top. It's been bulging at the seems for so long and I thought well, I've not even opened it up for so long, who knows what's in there, LOL. At the same time, I still had more scraps to go in there.

WELLLLLL............. I went though that file and tossed a ton of scraps that were smaller than 3cm square. LOL, what a pile! I then was able to put the scraps in that I had built up just this year (minus the tiddly bits). I then found a heap of templates and instruction sheets I'd made/written. Out came a folder from under the computer desk that had stuff from yonks ago in relation to computer programs, websites etc. That's all been turfed and now the folder holds templates for ATC's, purces, Faux postage, plust instruction sheets for different articles I've written over the past couple of years.

One pile of 'stuff' was on a tray on top of my rolling workshop trolley. have you ever seen one of them? It's really a man's tool box thingo, but it's perfect for taking to scrapping and stamping gatherings. I have not been able to open the top section coz this tray had a pile about 30cms high of 'stuff' on it. It's now all gone and I can open the top compartment again. It now has been sorted and all my re-inkers, Making Memories paints, KindyGlitz and some embossing powders are back in there.

Want to see what the rolling workshop 'thingo' looks like? Here ya go.....


I got it for mother's day about 6 years ago, one of the best presents I've ever received. The bottom section flips out and holds 12x12 sheets of cardboard and paper. It pulls apart into 3 sections too, so if you don't want to take the lot, you can take a section out. Or if you are little, like I am, you can easily pull it into it's 3 sections to lift into the car no problems. I'm not sure if they still make them anymore, but I have seen similar at Bunnings Warehouses lately.

Man that lot took me a good 3 hours, but it's very satisfying. I've created a monster on my desk though, so after a break, I need to tackle that again. I've my son's g/friend's mum popping in to chat about scrapping and stamping, so I should clean it up again, yes? LOL. It's never ending isn't it my likeminded crafting buddies!
byeee for now
Wirg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've my son's g/friend's mum popping in to chat".........did I miss something here?
When did g/friend happen?!?!

Paula :)

Wirginia said...

LOL Paula, it's a new happening in ds's life. He's only known her about a year, but just these past 2 months decided she's his girlfriend, so very cute and very innocent.