Hi there folks,
I hope your easter long weekend has been fun and relaxing.
Now I'm going to make a few comments here that are not ment to upset or hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm just so annoyed, this is just as good a place as any to vent, coz it's MY blog!
I have an email account with yahoo and as such all dealings I have with Ebay are done using that addy, that's not my beef. What has annoyed me so much today is that I open my email to get an update from Ebay Australia raving about how much Stella McCartney clothing they have on their members pages for Auction.
Now I don't know about you, but I watched the news the day Target put the Stella McCartney range on sale. I was horrified at the greed (and rudeness!) of some people. There they were, not just women, but men too (and ones I'm sure who'd never wear these garments) filling supermarket trolleys with every Stella Mc item they could get their hands on. I looked at my hubby and said, I bet they are on Ebay before you can blink.
And yep, I was right, there is so much on ebay, it's rediculous. What is wrong with people? It was bad enough watching the stampeed as Target opened their stores the first day and within an hour or so, shoppers had totalled trashed the Target stores. But to see stuff being re-sold on an auction site just smacks of selfishness and greed on at lot of those peoples parts.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the clothes are very good quality and some of them are quite nice, but to go nuts buying as much as your credit card would allow (one woman said she'd spent about $AU4,000 on the stuff) it's plain rediculous.
Hello!!!! It's only clothing, everyone needs clothes, but hey to go to these extremes? Not for me.
Okay, now I'm on a roll, so while we are on the subject what about the women who have started up business where you can 'hire out' a designer handbag at $170 or so per month? WHAT THAAAAAA??????????? Some of these designer bags cost thousands of dollars, so what's with these youngun's these days that they've got to have the 'latest' look, they've got to have 'the label'? It's just STUFF, stuff that's not going to make you happy for very long.
Oh please, get a life and don't feed the over pompous prima donna designers egos by buying their stuff. There are children in this world dying because they don't have enough to eat, clean water or rooves over their heads and then there's these rich bimbos and their ugly looking design gear saying they just have to have more more more!!!!
There's one bimbo I won't even tarnish my blog with her name but her family did start that huge hotel change and what's this bimbo got done to deserve all the media attention? Sleep around!!! Yes, hop from man to man, act like a tart in public. Man if I had a daughter I'd lock her up or cut off her finances. She does nothing I've seen or read about to be proud off, it's just disgusting.
Why do the media feed these over pampered people's egos with coverage? If they didn't get so much attention, maybe they'd disappear into their over indulged lives and not try an impress our impressionable teenagers with their over priced outlooks on a life of gimme gimme gimme, more more more, I'll just do what ever the heck I wanna do attitudes.
Oh that felt great, I don't usually rabbit on like that but geez louize that just took the cake today. Now back to some normality, I might be back later today with some more creations to upload, so till then, my craft desk is calling me.
byeee,
Wirg x x
3 comments:
oh Wirg I love you!!! And I AGREE with every word!!
Wat to go Wirg
Hope some of those type of people read it I agree so much with what you said
Glad you feel better
Gosh Virginia, don't hold back, just say what you really mean! LOL - do you feel better now ;) hee hee.
Sometimes it's good to have a soapbox moment, I know I'v been known to have the odd one here and there:D
Paula :)
Post a Comment