Friday, 27 April 2007

I've been Tagged by Sandie!

Well, I wasn't sure what I would put, it's not been a good week in my little corner of the world, (that's for another entry later) but here goes:

1. I my real name is Virginia but a work colleague about 7 years ago started calling me 'Wirg' and it stuck, so that's why this blog is called Wirginia's World

2. I have a deap loathing of being drowned. Kinda funny when you think about it coz we own a boat and when we take it out, weather permitting, we are all over Sydney Harbour

3. When I was 19, I was travelling to England via Hong Kong and Frankfurt, to be a bridesmaid at my uncle's wedding. Unfortunately that was the time of the great air traffic controllers strike here in Australia and I only got as far as Hong Kong and was off loaded only to be stuck there for 10 days not knowing when and how I'd get home again! My father worked for Qantas so I was on a staff travel ticket. I found out after teaming up with another lady and her baby, who had friends there, that the airport staff there were blaming anyone having anything remotely to do with Sydney Airport (why Qantas staff is beyond me). On the last day I was there, these lovely cantonese people over heard the airport staff calling us some rather obscene things. They let them have it back in no uncertain terms and I was on the next flight out back to Sydney. It's such a shame I didn't know what was going to happen because I could have made great use of 10 days shopping in Hong Kong. I've never been back there.

4. My husband and I have both been married before, both our marriages ended after the first 12 months and we were both divorced by our 2nd anniversaries. Both our ex's ended up marrying the people they'd been unfaithful with and both have since ended their 2nd marriages. We, after 18 years together and 17 years of marriage this year ,are still very happy!

5. I'm a Sydney Swans supporter and if you know me you would be most surprised at the change that comes over me at a live game here in Sydney. There's something about those Red & Whites that really raises the excitement!

6. I once lost my car in a club car park. Forgot that I'd not parked it where I thought it was, proceeded to be violently ill after attending an 8 course chinese banquet at $60 a head, only to find, once the car park emptied, my car not where I'd parked it the night before, but in a completely different area. And no, I'd not had a single drop of alcohol that night!

7. I once dressed up for a fancy dress party at a Whitsunday's resort as a 'dirty nappy', too funny, my friend I was holidaying with at the time, she went as a snotty hankie, have you ever tried to pin with safety pins, oysters to a sheet? It isn't easy and we got very inventive I can tell you!

8. I have a small scar about 2cms in a curve on the heal of my left palm where I had at least 8 external stitches when I was around 10 years old. I was at brownies, in the days when they used to collect bottles for refunds in this state. Some glass was smashed in the long grass where we were playing and I fell over cutting my hand so badly, I need microsurgery to stop the bleeding.

9. I have a terrible fear of people tailgating me when I'm driving. I am almost beside myself if some one comes too close, especially when I'm stopped waiting in traffic. I was a passenger in a friends car in 2002 when we were hit from behind whilst stopped. The other car was doing at least 60k/h the police told us and I was lucky not to have broken my neck.
I HATE TAILGATERS!!

10. My great great (maybe 3rd great) grandfather (on my Mum's side) was James Fenimore-Cooper, the auther who wrote the Last of the Mohicans and the Pathfinders novels. Hence my son's middle name is James. My grandmother's maiden name was Lillian Fenimore-Cooper!

11. I have a phobia about running out of toilet paper, I can't stand it when I have to open the last packet of 12 rolls, have to have another there at all times. My hubby thinks that's hillarious, I don't!

12. I also have a thing about locking up my house and car, I double check every night and when I'm driving the first thing I do before I start the engine is hit the central locking button.

I think that's enough for now. Now, let me see, who can I tag..........................

No comments: