Monday, 2 April 2007

My hubby's dropped a bombshell this arvo.......

Yes I know a 2nd post within an hour. But get this.......

What would you think if I rejoined the Navy he says to me.

What would I think? I didn't think real hard, I said I wouldn't mind one little bit. I'd probably love it. Navy life was hard, very hard in fact for me when our son was younger, but he's in year 10 now. He even said himself when I mentioned it, that he probably wouldn't mind either. Hubby's out on his afternoon bike ride along the M7 bike track right now, but I'm deep in thought about this.

I think we'd have to weigh up all the pro's and con's for this, it's not something easy to decide. He's had 3 calls in the past 4 weeks from the Navy asking him to rejoin, nice to be wanted and all but......

Con's?? He's been with this company now for nearly 9 years, he'd throw away his long service leave if he left now. 2nd we wouldn't be able to move to Adelaide in 3 years as we had been thinking. 3rd, would I be able to cope this time? I really can't answer that. I think I could. The hardest years when our son was so little are over. Mind you, the terrible termoil of teenagerdom is in our house at the moment, so who can know.

Pro's???? Financially we'd be so much better off, hubby's pay would nearly double and I wouldn't have to work at all. Mind you I'd keep this job, just drop a day or two instead, need to keep my good discount on our health insurance don't I, YES!!

Yes I'd miss him terribly but these days we can talk on the mobile or via email a hundred times a day if we want to, Navy techology has come a long way since we first got married. Hubby had already served 21 years, he's now in his mid 40's but is so experienced at what he does and teaches, they are begging almost for him to go back. He'd go in at the same rank he left at which was CPO TIFF, as high as he could have got as an NCO.

Our social life when he was in the Navy was fantastic, always special do's to go to. We got to travel to meet up with him too. We could afford it then, now days we can't even afford a holiday at home let alone go somewhere.

Money isn't everything, but I think it helps. I believe my husband has to make this decision ultimately on his own. He has to look into his heart and ensure he really believes he's doing the right thing and that we will be better off. It's not like he'd be going to places like Iraq or the Solomans etc. The type of ship he specialises in is like boarder patrol, up to the Straights, PNG maybe, that kinda thing. He'd not be away for 7 to 9 months of the year like he used to be. Unreachable all that time.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............. this is a really interesting delema isn't it!

byee again, time to finish off that layout now......

Wirgie!

No comments: