Saturday, 10 March 2007

Yay it's Saturday!!

At last the weekend is here, Yay!!


I've got my washing started, I've stripped the beds and hubby's about to re-make them. I'm waiting for son to be ready to go to his music lesson. There's the smell of fresh cut grass about. Son has just mowed the lawns to 'earn' his allowance this fortnight. I've already got moving and further re-shuffled stuff on my craft desk so after lunch I'll be ready for some serious creating at said desk.


Don't you just love it when you get a Saturday that's not too full of things you have to do? I know I do. Usually we've a ton on, but not today. I know, some people would call me crazy for liking a Saturday of washing, sorting and shopping for groceries, but I don't get those very often so when I do, I feel kinda 'normal'.


I work 1 in every 5th Saturday and those weekends just seem to fly by and I never feel like I've had a break. Working 6 days straight in the call centre is a hard slog, even if it is only 4 hour shifts, it's pretty full on and always non-stop. Yes I do get the Monday straight afterwards off, but it doesn't feel the same as having both a Saturday and Sunday free.


Next weekend will be pretty busy, my hubby's parents will be up and I just know we'll be taking the boat out. Hubby's already got it ready, filled the fuel tanks, sorted his bait out. Yes, we can fish in Sydney harbour again, and about time too.


Here's a photo of our boat back in 2001 when we bought it. It's been signwritten since and is called "The Slipper Little Sucker", we had that name picked out before we even bought it! Look how little and young my son was then, he's 15 now!






In 2 weekends time we'll have the state of New South Wales' government election. This is going to be very very interesting. I for one am ready for a change in government. I'm sick of the Labour party and all their 'shenanigans'. I don't usually get drawn into polictical conversations or comment but crikey, our state needs change. It's the most expensive state to live in in Australia thanks to the Labour government and all I see on tv at the moment is them bagging an other party. I heard a comment on the radio this week about them not liking the way the other party has 'slagged off' about them. Ummm excuse me, the ad campaign the Labour party has on at the moment is rather scathing of the Liberal party. Talk about calling the pot black, what a cheek!



Anyway, I'm off my soapbox about that now and that felt good to unload. That'll be the last of my political comment. I vote for the Christian Democrats anyway, so there ya go!


Time to go get the last of that washing out, it's a lovely sunny day and not too hot either.


Catch ya!!

No comments: