Wednesday, 21 March 2007

Cuttlebugs and Sidekicks..... noooo I'm not swearing...

LOL, made ya look!!

Now I've had my Sidekick for over 2 years, got it for a bargain, but didn't count on the dies being so darn expensive, at least $Aus40. a small set. The alpha sets are well over $200. So you can imagine, I've not done much with it, only got the 2 dies that came with it and one set in a sale at a show for $30 and I'm not that keen on it now either.


So when the Cuttlebug came on the market and everyone on LSBS and elsewhere were chatting about them and saying how much cheaper the dies were, I had to investigate. What did I find, oh man, the Cuttlebug is great! It did cost a bit more than what I paid for the Sidekick, but not as much as most stores around are charging for them. It pays to be aware of price differences around the place. So after umming and ahhh'ing, I did it, bought a Cuttlebug.


Now I was surprized that it's so much bigger than the Sidekick but hey, it'll emboss as well and take dies from all other machines coz it's got adapter spacers with it too. I've had a play, briefly with the one good die I've got, a Flower, and it cut through cork! I'm looking around for some scrap chipboard to cut now, yeehaaa, this little machine is great, it's a bit heavier than the Sidekick but who cares? Not me. Here's a picture of both of them, quite a difference in size hey!

I was trying to justify buying it, but after todays play, not needed, it'll be fan-diddly-tastic.

I'll be back later with an update on the teenager....

Wirginia

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Oooooh this all looks so good Wirg.....I dont know much about them yet but boy do I wish I could just pop around and play.....one day!!!!!