Thursday, 8 March 2007

Welcome to Wirginia's World....from 8 March 2007

Well hello there!

I'm moving my blog over from http://www.scrapbook.com/places/Wirginia. I never seem to get many visitors or many messages left and was finding it hard to put in stuff I wanted it to have. Thanks to my friend Sandie, she's helped me decide to make the move. Love your place Sandie!

I'll be back later to add loads of stuff but right now, I've gotta get ready for work.

Catch ya

Wirginia

EDITED: 5 September 2007

There are plenty of you who visit who don't know about my Mum and all that I've written previously is over on my old blog or at the Scrapper's stash. I want to put it all in this same spot so here are some copy and pastes on entries done since her passing.....

Hi readers


this will be short for now, sorry I've not been regularly blogging, but I am going through probably the worst week of my life right now.


Last Saturday my Mum died during a heart bypass surgery. It's been a huge shock, she wasn't 'old', just 69. There is loads I'd like to share here but I'm so worn and washed out right now. It's nearly 1.30am in the morning & I can't sleep. If you would like to go to the forum I'm a design team member of, at this link,


http://www.thescrappersstash.com.au/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

you can read the details leading up to where I am right now. I'll be back after 31 January, when I will try to keep this more regularly up to date. We will be going away for a break on 20 January, at my father's insistance.
love and hugs


Wirginia


Here's another, it's what's in the link if you don't want to follow it:

From The Scrapper's Stash January Sunday 7th, 2007

Hello my friends

It's been a nightmare 24 hours or so. On Friday I visited with Mum for as long as I could at Royal North Shore. When Herb and I arrived, she was sitting in a special chair beside her bed all hooked up to the Lord knows what kind of machines. She was crying whilst talking with a hospital social worker.

She'd been given the news straight earlier that day so we discovered afterwards, what the chances were with the op. About 1pm I'd phoned the hospital yesterday for news on the outcome, she was taken to surgery about 7am. All they said was she was still in theatre.

From what they said after all of us arrived yesterday she'd died about 12 noon during the final stages of the surgery and they spent till about 3pm trying to bring her back. The bypass went well, they were just finishing closing her chest, her breast bone went back together well. Then she just crashed.

Her heart was so bad and damaged it couldn't cope. Her aorta valve had completely calcified, like porcelein they said. They didn't know how she managed to stay alive this long! Last Thursday's heartattack should have killed her then they said. Because she died on the operating table, there has to be a coroner's report done so now she's been moved to Glebe coronor's court/morgue.

Dad Herb and I got to say good bye and hold her hand, she still had the tube in her mouth. She was already so cool. Today will be hard especially for Daddy coz we have to talk with the funeral people and start the ball rolling. My brother and his family will be arriving on the first flight from Adelaide today. He's just beside himself coz he wanted to come up as soon as she was admitted last week, but couldn't till his surgeon gave him the all clear to be able to fly. They were ment to be here this coming Thursday to surprize Mum, just my brother & my niece.

Then were all of us were going to fly back to Adelaide together to start our holiday. We are still going to Adelade, Mum would have wanted that, but I fear for leaving my Dad and sister, Nicole by themselves. The 20th is Dad's birthday. Mum's 70th birthday would have been this coming Valentine's day.

I am not sure if I slept last night, must have, but I couldn't stay in bed any longer this morning. I needed to come visit here with you all and thank you for all the love and hugs you've been sending out way. My Ben was devistated at the hospital because he said he should have come on Friday to see his Nana but I told him she understood on Friday him not coming and loved his photo we took of him to give her.

I've put it in my photobucket album here: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/coogeebear/Our%20Kids/?action=view&current=ChristmasDay2006_UkuleleBoy1.jpg And this is my Mum, Jane as I'll always remember her: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/coogeebear/Mum%20and%20Dads%2050th/?action=view&current=England1972.jpg

bye for now Wirg



1 comment:

Coby said...

Hi Wirg,
I love your new blog, it looks fantastic.

Hope you are well.

love Coby