Sunday, 1 June 2008

2 sleeps till I fly to Perth!!!

Oh goodness me, where has the time gone.

Only 2 sleeps till I fly to Perth with friends to see the Osmonds live in concert. Only 4 sleeps till the actual concert and all!!

How excited we are getting? Tina, Caroline, Rose and I are flying out on Tuesday evening. We are going a day early. There was to be a lunch with the Osmonds booked for Wednesday the 4th but our flight in would have had us arriving about 10 minutes after the lunch started.

We all ran around like chooks with our heads cut off changing flights and accommodation bookings only to find out the next day that they'd cancelled the lunch! WHAT THAAAAA??

Oh well we don't mind, we think we'll be at the airport at the same time as the Osmonds flight from London touches down, so who knows, we might see them earlier than at the sound check on Thursday. Or the Meet and Greet after the sound check, before the concert. It's all happening.

Tina's having kittens over packing. I've never known anyone to own so many jackets as she does and she's taking 8 with her! 8 I tell you, I don't even own that many ROFL. All available luggage space has been pre-booked by Tina, JIC, that's just in case! Too funny.

I've become such a seasoned packer from travelling, I know only to well how hard it is to decide what goes and what doesn't. But I think I've it all worked out. One suitcase that expands if needed. One smallish leather backpack that my handbag fits inside (small small handbag) and one laptop in it's case with it's shoulder strap attached. That's it for me, oh and one jacket/coat. I'll struggle with that lot as it is, dang being all of 4ft 8inches tall, oh well. I'll have 3 'helpers' with me.

From all reports coming out of the UK, the world tour so far has been an outstanding success. There's a couple of great blogs you can visit to read first hand from Jeremy Hall (their official photographer) about what's been happening. This is the Official World Tour site where Jeremy is putting great photos and more tour details too.

So apart from getting half way to the Swans game today then turning around and coming home coz of the rain, this afternoon will be spent getting things ready to pack. I've baked some cookies for the boys already. I have some new trousers to hem, some ironing to do and some dvds & cds to burn and stuff to upload to my laptop to take. Oh and best put all the charger cords in the one spot, ie phone, camera. ipod & laptop, so I don't forget to pack them.

Byee for now, hopefully next post will have some great photos and memories to share.

Oh and girls over in Perth, can't wait to meet you, Fiona (Flea from TSS) Tara & Pepper from LSBS, wooohooooooo!!

Wirg.

No comments: