A quick post today, about something that was going through my mind as this page loaded.
In my header up there, is a photo of me taken in 2003, that was a few months before I had quite a nasty car accident. It was also before I started having a lot more frequent lupus attacks, before I was diagnosed with it fully active. The accident was the catalyst that triggered lupus and has not let it go since. I sometimes wonder if I should remove it, cos to be honest, looking at a couple of my Perth photos, I'm not that person anymore.
Then I thought, well yes I was once that thin, I was that healthy and I shouldn't deny that. I think looking at me now I know I've put on weight, heaps of it, but I also know if I didn't take the meds I'm on I'd also probably be 'committed' for the amount of aches and pain I'd been in and the mental anguish the extra depression associated with lupus makes worse.
Drugs I take have made a difference in my weight. It's a cr@ppy side effect, but one I should learn to adapt to and work on. It's not that I eat too much, it's that I swell up a lot. My face some days isn't so bloated looking, that's when lupus is not so active, but when it is, even my fingers and toes swell. Noice one, I can't even get my rings on or off which ever the case may be.
So I'm learning to accept that I'll never look the same as that photo again and that it's all part of growing and learning and liking myself again and not letting lupus get the better of me.
See ya,
Wirg
1 comment:
honey you look terrific now too! Don't change that photo, unless you put a current one up there. You are still you - the outside is just for show.
Love ya!
Dee
xx
Post a Comment