Monday, 16 June 2008

My Osmond/Perth story continues....

Sorry, been a bit distracted trying to sort photos out and a couple of computers that won't behave.

I did finally 'beat' one into submission over the weekend and did a lovely digital layout using some of the photos I took of Marie Osmond. I've entered it into the LSBS's June CC but I'm allowed to post it on my blog too, here ya go....


I'm really happy with it and now have a 'base' to work from with the rest of my Marie photos too.

Soooooo where did I leave off???? Oh yes, for those of you that guessed yes that's Chris Murphy from Australian Idol I had my photo taken with. And after listening to his album properly a couple of times over the weekend, I'm very glad I have it coz it's great. If you hear his track called Diamond Days, oh sigh, it's beautiful!

Here's another photo of Chris during his performance.....


It's a little blurred but like I mentioned, I did have the 'bumper sisters' either side of me.

Sooooooo the Meet & Greet, how gorgeous is this family! Nothing was too much for them.

Alan (above)the oldest brother there, has beeng living with MS for over 20 years now. But he still got up and took part in as much as he could. It was so heart warming watching his family wait for him, guide him and cheer him on! An there's not a thing wrong with his beautiful voice either!

They answered so many questions but you know there's always one in every crowd that has to ask something that's so digusting/inappropriate/outright rude.

Pity it was the very first question too. The looks on their faces was sad to see and I couldn't see who asked the question. I'm hoping they got booted out after that, coz it was all good from then on. My friends in the fan club know what I'm talking about, it's not worth repeating and the way the Osmonds handled it, particularly Marie, was very impressive & dignified, kudos to her!!
It was so much fun during the meet and greet, it felt like we were there for ages, and I guess we were because every time one of them said okay 2 more questions, another would go okay another 3 questions. In the end, security had to remind them they had to get on with the sound check. That's Wayne, (above) getting into the music. He's so sweet and such a funny guy. He always has the funniest, if not so lame, jokes to tell that he always gets a good laugh from everyone, and boy can he play that guitar!

Oh my goodness, talk about blow us away just with the sound check, we virtually got a preview of the whole concert. Very very blessed indeed to have got this ticket I feel!

Above is Merrill, what a sweet man, I did get to chat with him the most during the first few minutes when we went into the theater. Merrill has the most amazing voice, he was mainly lead singer for a lot of their huge hits and his voice is the same as 30 years ago. All their harmonies were perfect, gave me goosebumps a lot to hear them in perfect tim.

It was amazing to watch them kick into professional mode during the sound check and see how they work together like a well oiled machine. Donny wasn't on the stage at all during this, he was up the back of the theatre with the sound guys, had a mike & earphone in and was going through everything, even singing some of his stuff for sound checking from up the back.


Donny (and Jimmy above) put the whole show together, technical stuff and all. There were huge screens put up for all the beautiful memories they showed from their 50 years in entertainment. You can see some of them in a few of my photos. The clips they showed brought back so many memories just for me. I can only imagine when they were looking at these screens themselves through the sound check and the show what would have been going through their minds.

This concert was a celebration and recognition of the years of hard work they put into their profession, starting from just 4 young brothers as a barber shop quartet to the 5 brothers when Donny joined at the age of 5, then through to their huge pop era in the 70's and early 80's. Including Donny & Marie's phenomenally successful TV variety show that ran for around 4 years. The pair still hold the world record for the youngest ever people to host their own tv show. Donny was 18, Marie 16 amazing! I used to love their show. "I'm a little bit country..... I'm a little bit rock and roll...." ah the memories, it's all good!

Alright, I've taken ages to get this post together tonight, I'll add even more later and then about the rest of my visit to Perth, like meeting up with 3 of my lovely internet buddies that I stamp & scrap online with, Flea(Fiona) Tara and Pepper (Rachel).
Stay tuned, more to come.
hugs
Wirg

No comments: