OMG where do I start?
DO WE LOVE THE OSMONDS OR WHAT!!!
What a whirlwind week I've had. Below is one of the photos I took during the concert and managed to get their logo in it. What a beauty to start this blog entry with!!
On Tuesday 3rd June I flew to Perth with 3 fellow Osmond fans, Tina, Rose & Caroline. Our journey started with laughter & drama and ended with laughter & drama. But it was ALL good!!We were ment to fligh out at 7.50pm that evening. We think it was about 11.30pm when we finally did, arriving at Perth approx 2.30am their time (4.30am Sydney time). To say we were dog tired the next day, or should I say later that morning, is an understatement. It was sort of an uneventful flight though if you could imagine Tina giving the 'bird' to a complete stranger, being uneventful, think again.
We were in hysterical laughter over this. Tina had one of those eye patches on so she could get a bit of shut eye. Rose calls it her 'Zoro' mask. Anyway the little pouch it's stored in Tina had dropped on the floor but hadn't realised.
The woman behind her tapped her on the shoulder not once, nor twice but probably about 4 times to tell her but she thought it was me tapping. Caroline & I were across the aisle killing ourselves laughing at her, but did she look, no, just kept sticking her finger up at who she thought was tapping her. Eventually she took the eyepatch off and realised. It was soooooo funny, she couldn't say sorry enough to the poor woman behind her. Needless to say the 'Zoro' eye-mask story got a good working over during the week.
After we'd checked into the Holiday Inn, Burswood, and had a bit of a sleep, we headed out to big shopping centre called Garden City. Bit of shopping done by all (Oh yes, I got new shoes, and red ones too! AND a red wallet and all)

This is a view from our Holiday Inn Hotel room, showing the Atrium front of the Inter Continental hotel.
That night we went to the Atrium Restaurant at the Inter Continental Hotel, Burswood. Just a short stroll down from our hotel. We met up with about 40 or so other Osmond fans for an FSG (that's Fan Social Gathering for the clueless). This was organised by Kathryn and Kate and what a fun night it was, complete with party games, place settings and all! Catching up with people we'd only ever talked to on line and others we'd met at the 2006 Donny concert was a lot of fun. Below is a photo of the place settings Kathryn and Kate made for us all. These two ladies did an outstanding job of organising this gathering and we sure had loads of fun with their games. Yes, the moon does have two eyes, a nose AND a mouth ROFL! (when you see me ask me about this, too funny)
What a great way to recognise everyone before the concert and break the ice so to speak. The buffet dinner was superb, tons of it too. But don't worry, muggins her still had a shock when it came to getting a drink. One glass of red wine (and only half full at that) and a glass of soda water was $13.50, I nearly fell over. It's a long time since I bought a drink at a bar and didn't it show when I didn't realise they don't fill your glass up anymore like they use to. Not that I wanted to get sloshed or anything, but when I want a glass of wine, I expect a 'glass' of wine, not a half. Oh well, we live, we learn LOL.The next day we spent just lolling about getting ready for the afternoon's 'events'. We had to gather at the theatre's door at 3.45pm for the meet and greet. I was soooo lucky to be at the head of the line because I had to pick up my ticket from the admin office. I and couple of other lovely ladies (Hi Debbie!!) were almost at the front of the line when they opened the doors and in we went, straight to the Brothers, all lined up and waiting to greet us. Below is the line behind me just before we went in, I had to stand on my tippy toes to take this with my hand held high above my head. Not a sign of Tina, Rose or Caroline, eek!
A security guard took my camera to take some photos for me, but it soon became apparent that it was the brothers holding up the movement of the greeting line, not the fans. They were so delighted to meet us and took time to hug, kiss, shake hands and talk and ask us all questions. They truly care about their fans and it certainly showed.
A security guard took my camera to take some photos for me, but it soon became apparent that it was the brothers holding up the movement of the greeting line, not the fans. They were so delighted to meet us and took time to hug, kiss, shake hands and talk and ask us all questions. They truly care about their fans and it certainly showed. Marie wasn't in the line, but we soon found her at the foot of centre stage. I waited and waited for my 3 travel companions to come in. Look above, I took a photo of the line going back behind me, had to hold my camera up in the air but you couldn't see the end. It was about an hour before they came in and were quite suprized to see me already in there and shooting away with my camera, mmwwaaahhh!!

Marie is gorgeous, and so tiny, she's lost so much weight in the past few months, it's inspired my to get off my fat butt and do something about my own weight. I'm so little, it's not funny the amount of extra weight I'm carrying. Anway, as you'll see by the photos I've dispersed through this post, we were very close to all the family and had a wonderful time at the meet and greet.
Next we got to stay in the theatre for the sound check. WELL you could have bowled me over, we virtually got a whole concert preview, I took as many photos as I could coz I wasn't sure what would come out during the concert, if I even remembered to take photos.

I was almost at centre in row DD, 4th row from the stage. The others ladies I was with had front row seats. But you know what? I'm glad I didn't, I would never have got the great photos that I did if I was that close. I did have two rather 'rude' women either side of me. They wanted me to swap seats with them so they could be together and were most disgusted that I had got a seat between them. I told them if no one tall sat in front of them and me, I'd consider it, but they both had taller people in front of them, and I didn't so I didn't move.
They spent the night trying to lean in front of me to chat, didn't happen coz up came my arms and camera. They also kept banging the seats or 'nudging' me as I took photos. Seeing as I didn't use a flash at all, they had no idea when I'd taken them so it was mostly good. I've a lot of blurred photos, but still some very good unblurred ones too! See it doesn't pay to be horrible does it people.
Well that's enough of a post for today. I've heaps more to share,I'll back soon with more photos and details from the concert. One last thing, I had a bit of a 'moment' with the warm up act prior to the concert, can you guess who this is?
I'll tell you in my next post, he was fabulous to watch and listen to! And yes I bought his cd and he autographed it for me!
hugs
Wirgie

4 comments:
Great photos Wirg - and lucky you, meeting Chris! - he lives in the next suburb to us, but I haven't met him yet! Can't wait to read more about your exploits while you were over here ;)!
tops read lovie!! Cant wait to see more pics and read more about your trip!
Wow Wirg........lucky you. What a fantastic time away. Treasured memories that's for sure.
Look forward to the next instalment.........luv Sandie
WOW! So happy for you that you had such a top time. Yes I recognise the guy from Australian Idol - Courtney's brother I think! Looking forward to the next instalment!
Post a Comment