Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Things HAVE to get better......where's that silver lining...

Hey ho everyone

This is kind of a quick entry coz I'm doing a massive back up of my computer files to my new portable harddrive. This computer is going to be completely reformatted tomorrow to wipe out any possible threat of hidden viruses, spys what ever the hell it is that my financial institution seems to think might be on my machine.

To make THEM happy, I am doing this, even though my machine has been with the technician all day today and been scanned and snooped by at least 5 other virus software programs. They can't find anything except this weird little file, that not one software company worldwide has every heard of or seen before. That's enough for me, they can wipe the bloody thing, I don't give a flying @#** at this stage.

Sooooo if anyone is wondering where I am and what's been happening since the 2nd fraud, that's it in a nut shell. Thank heavens I bought this spare portable harddrive when I did. Some of my software, I can't for the life of me find the setup disks let alone their serial/rego codes. My portable hd is huge enough, that I have just transferred the every program for every bit of software I want to keep.

It's amazing, so much so that I don't think I'll bother to reinstall onto the main pc when I get it back coz it all works from the portable drive, VERY handy indeed. I've tested it all out and it works, WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Some silver lining to the grey clouds of the past 5 days.

Yes and a bit more silver to come is that my hubby got a huge payrise so I'm asking officially at work tomorrow to drop one day per week. I'll only be in that awful call centre 16 hours a week instead of 20. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a break every day and we were not watched and monitored like hawks (we are NOT criminals for goodness sakes). But there ya go, ain't gonna stop any time soon as far as I can tell.

I'll be back when I'm back.

Wirg.

No comments: