I don't belive Paypal. One minute they are saying yes, we believe you are entitled to a refund, then they say noooooo you don't meet our guidelines in our 'policy'. I think there are 2 separate lines of communication going cos one lot of emails I keep getting says yes, but please bear with us, the other is saying, noooo please read the guidelines on our website (they give a link) to see why. You go to the bleeding link and it's just a load of legal b/s that pages long.
This morning they have the hide to send me an email asking me to do a survey on how good their service was. If I wasn't so disgusted with them I would do it, but I won't give them the satisaction!
I've since had an email from the seller saying my refund is credited into my paypal account. I went straight to my account to see that the credit is indeed there. As fast as I could I transferred that money straight to my savings account, before anyone could change their minds. I'm just waiting now for it to show up in my account, this'll be interesting.
When it shows up in my account, I will then, in great detail, tell here what started the fiasco and why I would never grace paypal with an account again, let alone buy off ebay outside of Australia.
Please please please, look right through the seller's feedbacks before you decide to enter bids into an auction, make sure you email all questions and get replies too before you bid. Then you have loads of 'ammo' to present if it goes belly up. I did have all of this, but still it went pear shaped. Let's hope the money's in my account real soon!
ciao for now.
Wirg.
5 comments:
Question - What did you buy?
Paula :)
G'day Paula
You won't believe it, some Sizzlets dies (for my Sidekick die cut machine) Totally would have been worth it had I got what was advertised including a carry tote, but I didn't and omgoodness, what a nighmare it's been.
hugs
Wirg
LOL - I was guessing it was craft related - hee hee.
So you got a refund and kept the items?
Sounds like and ok deal to me!!!
Paula :)
No no I didn't get to keep the goods, that's the thing. I had to send them back at Paypals insistance before they'd consider a refund. Then after I'd done that, spend a fortune on it, sending them prove also I'd done it, the refused the refund. The seller did refund, take a look over at the stash at my entries in the Off topic section.. Oh and can you email me, I've lost all my email addys (another story). Otherwise I'd email you and fill you in on the lot matie.
hugs
Wirg
Oh, ok. Read it wrong. Sorry about that.
Unfortunately, this sort of stuff happens. I'v done over 500 eBay purchaes and you have to be prepared to 'win some and loose some'.
If your going to be spending big $ overseas (or locally for that matter) you must undertand that things can go wrong.
There are proceduces in place to 'try' to protect and help but nothing is a guarantee.
At the end of the day, I'v feel I'v come out ahead with all the good things that have happened. That's how I look at it.
Paula :)
Post a Comment