Sunday, 13 May 2007

Happy Mother's Day, miss you heaps.

Mother's Day 2007

My parents on the day of their engagement, 1955

This is my first mother's day without my dear Mum.


This photo is a little old, Dad's hair's almost white now and the handle bar moustache isn't so big, but this is one of my favourite photos, I think I was pregnant with my son at the time and we were at my 33rd birthday dinner.


This is the finished basket of 65 corsages I made last night for church this morning, didn't they turn out beautiful! I always try making them look like native Australian, though they are chrysanthamums, I've put greenery from my own garden in them. Lots of sneezing here last night. There were a couple left, so I've bought them home to put in some little posey vases around the house. Mum would have loved the ones with the purple flowers in them.

It's been rather bittersweet today. Our church service was lovely, it was really hard, coz usually my parents would try and come down and Mum would be wearing one of the corsages too, or we'd race up the coast to have lunch with her. I don't know what my sister and Dad are doing today, but I did suggest that my Dad take my sister out to lunch and buy her a little gift too.


So here I'll put some images of my Mum, for everyone to share the fun beautiful lady she was. Some are very old, some funny, all my favourites.





This is my Mum and her big brother, Mike back in 1980 when I was living in England. Mum was on a business trip there and we were all at Uncle Mike's and Aunty Frieda's for dinner. Dear Uncle Mike has been gone since last October, Mum never really got over never seeing him again, they were very very close.



This is my Mum and my big brother, Kitt. When I was living in England, my family had their last big holiday together. We travelled in a campervan from Southampton England, across the channel to Le Harve and motored, camping on the way down to the Spanish border and back. See that hand coming down from the roof? LOL, that's me. What a trip it was, driving on the wrong side of the road. My Dad banned my brother from driving after the first day coz he kept going over to the other side, aaagghhhh, neither Mum nor I drove back then. Too funny!


These last two photos were probably some of the very last ones taken towards the end of 2006. As you can see, her health was taking it toll on her appearance. My Mum was always a very proud woman, always cared about how she looked. She didn't like having her photo taken the last few years of her life. But I'm very grateful she did allow these last few.

You lived your life like a snow flake dear Mummy, you left a mark, not a stain!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Wirg -- hugs matie

Flea

Celeste Vermeend said...

Your Mum was with you...She looks and sounds like a great lady!

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you and your family..........hugs.........love your list of things done and to do.......don't have a blog but would have a colourful list also..........:)

Marion M

Narelle said...

A beautiful tribute to your Mum Wirg. I thought of you on Mothers Day and said a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wirg ... I have had you on my heart a bit of late and I want you to know you are often in my thoughts and prayers. One day you will see your mum again and you can have mother's day forever then! Maybe she is looking after my Daniel? I do hope he is behaving!! Luv U Leonie

Sandie said...

Gidday Wirg, just popping in to say hi.....Hi!!!! LOL.
Just luv the photos you've put up....I especially luv the one of your mum with the fishing rod....beautiful.....luv Sandie