Saturday, 2 June 2007

Patience is a virtue......time to name & shame!!

Ah at last, money has been refunded, it's in my bank account and I've now deleted all emails from that stupid ebay seller and paypal. I never want to deal with them again. I can't believe the ebayer had the hide to email me privately, outside the ebay and paypal 'rules' and offer me that free gift (also read that as bribe!!) to remove the negative feedback I left them. WHAT THAAAAA??

I've had correspondence with ebay about this and they said no way, leave my feedback on, it's my right to do so and how is anyone else to know this sort of thing happens if people don't leave feedback. Maybe it will make the seller pick up their game, but I very much doubt it.

How's their form/cheek though? Offering me designer sunglasses free to remove comments? They even gave me a link to go choose a pair, but guess what, no such ebay shop exists! Why am I not surprized?

I do hope that this has helped people to steer clear of this ebay seller.

FYI, this is their name: IMO (In Memory Of) also known as IMOjo, they sell scrapbooking and rubber stamp art stuff. They also go by the name of The Rubber Stamp Store (user id darnedyarn) at this url on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com.au/THE-RUBBER-STAMP-STORE They are based in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. On the envelope my crap came in it also said a Strongville addy, stay allert people!

BEWARE, this ebay seller tries to get you to withdraw your feedback and if you go take a look, some people have stupidly done so. There's an awful lot of withdrawn feedback comments I noticed which is very misleading. Still to see that their negative ones are on the rise, should warn people I hope!

My that felt very good to write. I've never had a bad experience buying from Ebay before but this really rattled me and has left me never wanting to buy from Ebay overseas ever again. As for the farce with Paypal, let me tell you, they are hopeless, one hand doesn't know what the other's doing. I did keep a record of their stupid correspondence, the emails saying yes you're going to be refunded, no you are not entitled to a refund. They have nooooooo idea!!

It's all worked out in the end, I ended up being out of pocket about $40.00 but it was worth it I think to be able to tell people this saga!!

So there ya go IMO-bloody-joe!!!!! Good luck to ya!!

Wirg.

Edited Monday 9 July 2007... the link no long shows an existing store, hmmmm me thinks they might have got the message. Still stay alert everyone, watch out for that snail mail addy! Wirg

3 comments:

Steph said...

stupid paypal - I'm down $160 cos of them!!!
Wirg I've tagged you - check out my blog cant wait to see your answers ;)

Jen said...

Wha hoo Wirg, so glad it's all over!

Anonymous said...

Just noticed -- "Shop does not exist" on Ebay anymore

Cheers
Flea