Tuesday, 31 July 2007

Wanna join an INCHIES swap?......and look at moi!! ROFL....

Hi ho everyone

Over at the Stash we are holding our inaugral "Inchies" swap. There's been such a good response to the article posted on Friday night about these little Inchies that we just have to host a swap now don't we!

All details can be found here . I hope you can come join us coz we are having some fun making these little babies. You have till Friday to sign up, so don't hesitate too long.

Now last night I spent quite a bit of time going through a mountain of photo albums looking for photos of my brother I want to scan. Whilst doing this I had a huge trip down memory lane and found a couple of photos of myself that I thought hey, now that I'm on my journey to finally loosing all this extra weight I've gained over 17 years of marriage, and it's working, maybe, just maybe I could get down to looking like that again. Sooooo what did I look like back in 1989 when I first met my hubby?

The first photo was taken at HMAS Nirimba's Hawaian Christmas night December 1989. The 2nd was taken about April 1991 when I'd just found out I was 6 weeks pregnant with our now nearly 16yr old son.

I don't expect to be that skinny minny ever again (I was a size 8), but it would be nice to get back down to either a 12 or even a 10 size again. I'm one third of the way there and I had set myself a goal to reach it by July 2008. I'm so chuffed that today I reached the 1/3rd mark and I have a year to go. This is very comforting because I've struggled the the past 5 years to keep my weight down something terrible. I really was getting disheartened.
When my dear Mum died in January I knew I had to do something coz I didn't want to have heart disease, diabetes or any of the other health problems like she ended up with towards the end. It's bad enough that I have Lupus.
So those of you who know me and are taking this journey too, lets keep going, though the road is slow, you know what they say huh? Slow and steady wins the race, the slower you loose it the more likely it is to stay off, its ALL good!!!
See ya for now,
Wirg.






1 comment:

Steph said...

wow those inchies are coollllllllllll :)