Oh do I feel like a bad mother this arvo or what! And yep 2 posts again in one day!
I know I've whinged that my boy's been ill and coughing most nights on and off for a while, but he's not helped by refusing to go to the doctor at my insistance.
Well this morning he got up and begged me to take him. His chest hurt, he was hot again. That was it. I got him there as soon as I could, aggh like 1pm but with over an hour wait. And so glad we took him when I did coz he's got a nasty case of bronchitis.
His lower right lung is so congested he's lucky it's not something worse. He's on antibiotics, strong ones for at least 3 days, 3 times per day then down to 2 per day till they are gone. The doctor was not impressed that for his age, though he's not a big kid, he's still only 48.5kgs. He got instructions to eat more, put weight on, take multi vitamins every day and please eat at least more fruit! Nuff said? Yep!
I think because this doctor was male, my boy might take more notice this time. I also think what the doctor said to him also may have frightened him a bit coz he was told in no uncertain terms that he's got to take more care of himself.
Glad that's over and he's agreed to go to the doctor when I say in future, stupid boy, bit like his father really, not stupid, stubborn, aggh men/boys, they are all the same!
Okay, time for me to have another cuppa, ciao!
Wirg.
I know I've whinged that my boy's been ill and coughing most nights on and off for a while, but he's not helped by refusing to go to the doctor at my insistance.
Well this morning he got up and begged me to take him. His chest hurt, he was hot again. That was it. I got him there as soon as I could, aggh like 1pm but with over an hour wait. And so glad we took him when I did coz he's got a nasty case of bronchitis.
His lower right lung is so congested he's lucky it's not something worse. He's on antibiotics, strong ones for at least 3 days, 3 times per day then down to 2 per day till they are gone. The doctor was not impressed that for his age, though he's not a big kid, he's still only 48.5kgs. He got instructions to eat more, put weight on, take multi vitamins every day and please eat at least more fruit! Nuff said? Yep!
I think because this doctor was male, my boy might take more notice this time. I also think what the doctor said to him also may have frightened him a bit coz he was told in no uncertain terms that he's got to take more care of himself.
Glad that's over and he's agreed to go to the doctor when I say in future, stupid boy, bit like his father really, not stupid, stubborn, aggh men/boys, they are all the same!
Okay, time for me to have another cuppa, ciao!
Wirg.
ps I just went to pick some lemons off my tree near the side door and OMG, check out this freak of a lemon! It's bigger than a grapefruit. I've never seen such a big lemon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment