Saturday, 28 July 2007

Inchies, Fast Challenges and birthdays....

Hi everyone

Well yesterday was my 49th birthday. I still don't believe I'm as old as this, who wrote that on my birth certificate? I think they made a mistake LOL.

It was a rather quiet day as far as birthdays go, but that was fine with me. I didn't want a big fuss or anything coz really, it's such a reminder that my dear Mum (Jane) is no longer with us. Besides, it's next year that we really party!

Last night was week two of the Fast Challenge over at The Stash and I found myself scanning a heap of photos for the idea I had pop into my head at the last minute. Why weren't there digital cameras affordable from 1990 onwards I ask you? LOL, can't believe how many photos were taken in our family in that 10 time frame till I got my first digital camera.

Anyway whilst going through albums, I found the best photo of my Mum and I have to share it. I don't even think my Dad has a copy of this one so he'll be really happy to have one too. It was taken not long after my son was born, it would be another 3 or so years before her first heart attack. Don't you love this photo, I do!



Last night's fast challenge saw me actually do a double page LO, it was kinda fiddly but I'm so happy with it. Coz I'm on the design team for stamping, I don't think I qualify for the comp, so I'm going to put the pages up here to share coz I'm so darn happy with them. They came out just how I imagine.

Last night was also the launch of 'INCHIES' on The Stash. Take a look if you'd like to read about them and come join us in their creation and maybe take part in the swap I'll be launching after this weekend. Below is one of my INCHIE creations, it's going to hang on my bedroom wall when I have the perfect frame for it.
Well it's cold cold cold here this Saturday morning in Sydney's north west. My son had me awake from 6am, he's gone off to Paintball for the day with friends. He was very chirpy considering his last few weeks of illness and even sat chatting here with me for a bit before he headed off. Ah my boy, I love him so much and it's extra special when he takes time to chew the fat with me. Hasn't happened that much lately so it was very warm and fuzzy this morning.

He chose his subjects this week for when he goes to his new college next year. Man that was an interesting night at the new school. I think we'll see a marked change in our boy's attitude towards school then. They'll be treated as young adults as they should be at this school. They are even allowed to call their teachers by their first names.

The Principal actually made an interesting point. They rarely have a problem with bad behaviour and diciplin because all the students choose to be there. They don't have to go. That's a very good thing to hear. If they don't want to be there, then they just don't enroll coz legally they don't have to go on to year's 11 and 12. It was rather comforting to hear how proud the principal is of this school and knowing it's only 8 years old, as we looked around, the feelings were all good.

Well, think I might just get dressed now, it's 8.30am and the day is ticking on.

Catch ya,

Wirg.

No comments: