Soooooo have I mentioned I am a Christian?
Have I mentioned I try to attent church every Sunday and that I go to a bible study group every Wednesday morning with a wonderful bunch of christian ladies who are also my dear friends and some are mentors to me too?
Having no relatives (other than my Dad & sister who are 3 hours away and a brother and his family in another state in Australia) is hard. So when I say my friends are my family particularly a lot of my church friends, I truely mean it.
Tonight I've just been finishing off this week's study ready for tomorrow, and remembered a beautiful verse that was read out at one of the ANZAC services on Friday. It reminded me of one of my most loved bible verses. Psalm 46. If you can, please read it. In particular verse 10. It's such a moving and beautiful Psalm and one I have a quote about on my desk here that goes like this....
Be still and know that I am God
Be still, my muscles and know God's relaxation
Be still my nerves and know God's rest
Be still my heart and know God's greatness
Be still my body and know God's renewal
Be still my mind and know God's peace.
I've had this quote a long long time, so long I can't remember where I got it or who gave it to me. But I will always remember it was written with Psalm 46 in mind.
So my friends, though you may not all be Christians like me, I hope you like this verse, and gain from it's reading often in times of need.
night for now,
Wirg.
Tuesday, 29 April 2008
I don't think I've put much about this in my blog todate....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful Wirg. I am a Christian in the sense that I believe in God and Jesus, but not so much into the organized religion. I had a Catholic upbring but lets just say me and Catholicism don't get on anymore! I think everyone in these rushed times can benefit from taking a breather in accordance with that Psalm, believers and otherwise.
Thanks Smauge, you know you and I probably agree on a lot of things in regard to catholicism. Can't wait till the retreat, we really can chat more then. You have to come sit at our table group. It's going to be so much fun, and I've got not one but 3 days to recover afterwards yay!!
hugs
Wirg
Post a Comment