The game was rivetting, thought it was going to be a cliff hanger to start but it was brilliant. It was nice to be able to sit in the comfort of our lovely squishy lounge to watch it, downing a few Lemon Ruski's with our Chinese takeaway. Nice not having to worry about driving home.
Okay so the next game is this coming Saturday night and at the Stadium at Olympic Park, Homebush Bay. Once again we have fantastic seats there, but we are up a it higher and further back, think the zoom might get a work out this week.
Our roof on the garage was ment to be started yesterday but me thinks the builders saw the long range weather forcast for this week coz it's bucketing down with rain yet again. The supplies arrived for it to be done. Next we'll have a 2nd lot of supplies arriving for the main roof on the house to be done and no builders inside. At least this is a start, and we are going to have a nice blue roof instead that bright red tiled one we've had since moving in.
Hmmmm today I had off work coz I worked last Saturday. I was ment to get started on changing my craft area around but as things would have it, I spent it taking and picking up my teenager from school. There was a teacher's strike today, or so we thought, ended up being a stop work meeting but my teenager didn't get the note last week about it.
He took it as a whole day off but he was diligent enough to go to school and on time because he also has a TAFE course he is doing as part of his HSC studies. He gets the bus at 6.55am. 7.20am comes and he's back home, please mum drive me, the bus hasn't shown up! What thaaaa?? Just cos there's a stoppage, doesn't mean no kids are going to school. This bus company gives me the pip.
I take him to school and organise to pick him up at 10.30am after his lesson. He's gone to school in mufty, didn't take anything coz he was only there for TAFE. I get there and park waiting for him and what do I see? Loads of kids going into the school precinct. What's going on? I phone the school to be told it wasn't an all day strike, only a stop work till 11am. What do I do, son's there not in uniform, thinks it's an all dayer and he has no mobile phone with him? The school leaves it up to me.
Just as well I did have today off coz he'd not have got to school at all I recon. So I bring him home at just after 11am when he finally comes out. He's got to catch up on all todays classes now and I have to send a note in with him tomorrow.
Just as well I did have today off coz he'd not have got to school at all I recon. So I bring him home at just after 11am when he finally comes out. He's got to catch up on all todays classes now and I have to send a note in with him tomorrow.
Man I hope this isn't an ongoing thing because the stupid bus company seems to think oh well, we won't bother turning up for any of the kids then. There's only one in the morning and one in the afternoon, what chance do they have to get to school in this situation? I've applied today for son to get a train pass as well as his bus pass, at least that way he can get to the station and get a regular bus home in future.
Anyway, that's all for now, spent the rest of the day filling in forms and sorting out paperwork. I took a photo of my craft area, but hhhhmmm will I share it? Maybe.....

1 comment:
Wow Wirg..........this is a great photo of just how much stuff you have.........a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky you.
Luv Sandie
Post a Comment