Wednesday, 23 April 2008

My 'baby' got his learner driver's permit today!

Oh my goodness,

How 'old' am I feeling today? Son's appointment to sit the test for his driving L's was at 10am. We had to be there 15 minutes earlier for the paperwork to be done.

Right on 10am they sit him at the computer and he starts the test. There are others in there who've been there a bit already. I look up and he's turned around and watching for the attendant. It's only about 10.08am, he's waiting waiting waiting, I look at him with a questioning look, are you finished? Yes he nods with slight grin.

Next thing, 10.10am they tell him to come around the other side of all the counter banks, he signs his signature, has his photo talken, mum we need another $20 (now that's $55 in total to get this permit) and away we go with his ever so looking like a mug shot learner's permit.
My boy's going to learn to drive, eeeeek, he's 16 and 5 months, which means this time next year he's allowed to sit the actual driving test to get his provisional license. He has to do 100 hours driving experience and 20 hours of night driving as well. 120hours of driving minimum before he can go for his proper license.

He's got to keep a log book and everything. We have these bright yellow and black 'L' plates to go on my car, dang those colours don't match, LOL.
We are going to drive to my father's on Saturday, that's about 3 hrs there and 3 hrs back. I'm not sure he wants to do any of that trip himself yet. I think I'll see if we can book him in for a couple of simulator sessions before he has his first drive of a real car.
Agghhhhh how time has flown, I remember when he was trying to get the hang of riding his tricycle aged 2 & 1/2yrs old.

Okay so now we are home, I'm going to have another tackle of my craft area. I'm doing it slowly, I'm popping over to my craft blog shortly to update it. (It's here... http://wirgscreativeworld.blogspot.com/ )
See ya for now.
Wirg

No comments: