Thursday, 7 February 2008

Sufferin' suckertash.............

.......... it's freaking bucketing down here yet again! They got a tarp up over half the house just as it started to sprinkle. Seems like if it's hot and sunny in the morning, it's sure as eggs going to build up that humidity and storm in the afternoon, has nearly every day for the past 10.

But blow me down if it ain't still dripping in the kitchen! Sh@t!!!!!!!!!!! I've had to bring the troughs back in, it's not funny anymore. This is what my kitchen ceiling looks like at the moment.....

You can't quite see over the the far left hand side, but that's where it's dripping still. I told them that's where it was coming in, I told them that no, it's not leaking into the bathroom or the bedroom at all now. It never was in our bedroom, but yup, there's a bloody great yellow tarp over it right the way down the side of the house effectively covering up our window and stopping any fresh air getting in.

Hmmm well if it was going to leak in this part of the house, it won't now will it!

I'm so over this freakish weather. They tell us we are still in the grips of a drought, we still have water restrictions here in Sydney, our catchment areas have the highest levels in more than 5 years, but we are still in a drought. I so wish we could affort rainwater tanks coz we sure as eggs would have filled them and then some by now. Dang!

Well that's my 2nd post for today, it's getting might boring at home, almost as boring as where I work. At least I have internet access here at home. Cheapskate government department I work for, no such thing unless you are a manager. What the heck do they need internet access for I ask you?

See ya, time to do a leak check again around the ceilings.

Wirg.


No comments: