Saturday, 16 February 2008

It's the weekend again....

Hi ho everyone!

Was a very late start to the day today, it's overcast and rather breezy here in Sydney today. I've been doing the washing and cleaning up around the place. Got to keep an eye on the sky, the weather's so unpredictable lately, I don't trust it not to rain when I'm not watching.

Glad all my washing goes on clothes airers. Makes it that much quicker to bring them in under the awning if it does rain. I hate my clothes line. Not only is it surround/overshadowed by a huge Jacaranda tree, it's also got a large grevillia and lemon tree that drops all sorts on it. Stupid place for it, and it's to high for short stuff here to reach most of the time.

We are still waiting for someone to start the repairs on our house. Last weekend there were several more families in our area who's ceilings caved in since that almighty storm in December. I really do feel like telling the media about ours. It's just rediculous how long we are all having to wait around here and in the mean time, more damage is happening.

Around the corner from us, one insurance company (actually ours, to be honest) put up a huge banner with their name on it infront of this house whilst this massive crane was there holding a huge marque over the roof whilst it was being 'replaced'.

It was on the news and all, then I drove past on my way to work yesterday and thought hey that's the same as on channel 9 news last night. The insurance company had men in hard hats directing traffic around the crane. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo tempted to yell hey what about my house and our ceiling collapsing then? Do I have to tell the media about ours too get someone to put their finger out and get the job done?

So far I think my hubby and I have been rather patient but I don't think so for much longer. I'm that close to going to a Current Affair it's not funny. Mind you if someone's reading this and wants to make an issue out of it for us, go right ahead!!!

Anyways, I've got some tidying up to do in some of the garden beds, that's enough of a rant today. Best get out there before it rains yet again.

Wirg.

No comments: