It was a stinking rotten mess I opened my back door too, all I could do was sit on the back step and cry. I wasn't allowed to go in incase of any further cave ins. Have a look.....

Once the builders came and saw all this, this is what we were left with over night.....

We had another storm last night with torrential rain, hence out came all the buckets and troughs to catch what came pouring in yet again. My house absolutely stinks from it all, I've opened up all the doors and windows and got fans going now to help get rid of the mouldy smell. Thank goodness I don't have any carpet at all, can you imagine the damage and smell to that? Yeck!
This morning the builders have been and said holy crap, it's still coming in. They got a roofer to come straight out. He's now been gone for over 2 hours to get more materials to try and secure the roof from more leaks but he said there's a hell of a mess up there. Um, tell us somethine we DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW MATE!!!!!
And how long will it be before he comes back to finish his work I wonder? It's quite hot outside and the humidity is building up again like it did yesterday. I wouldn't be surprized if we get yet another storm late this afternoon too. Then we'll see what kind of temporary repairs they've done today.
I don't think I can take much more of this worry. Hubby made a comment last night that when all is fixed we should sell the bloody place. Well no, not really my dear, we've put too much into it to walk away now and besides, with how the market is, we'd never get such a huge block of land again in Sydney.
We only paid $158,000 for this place 8 years ago and spent about $85,000 renovating. It's been valued about 2 years ago at $365,000 so I couldn't begin to wonder how much places are elsewhere now days. We have an almost 700 square metre block of land, that's like massive compared to where newer homes are being build now days and aat 4 times at least the cost of what we paid for this. Nooooooooooooooo I'm happy to stay here, so long as they get it fixed and it never happens again.
See ya, I've got floors and walls to wash down again.
Wirg.
No comments:
Post a Comment