Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Sorry about the 'break in transmission' looong post..

Hi ho everyone.

It's been such a busy time since the retreat, my personal blog's taken a back seat.

There's been so much happening & I've been sharing over on the Little Scrapbook Shop too but I thought I'd better put it here as well. Not all of you are members over at LSBS, nor do you all know where it is.

Any hooooooooo please excuse if you've already read some of this. I'm cheating and copy/pasting from the forum. There's too much to retype. FYI
, my son has now been nick named Testosterone Boy, TB for short. You'll read why LOL.

Yesterday afternoon, Tuesday 19 Aug'08
Good news about my brother...

I have to share this with you coz my brother's had such a horrible rough trot of it in the past few years, particularly after my Mum died. In late 2006 Kitt found out he had a massive tumor eating away his left knee. It also ate some the top of his lower leg bone as well. He was in and operated on with in 2 weeks of the discovery but in the mean time it had grown more and he had to have not just the calcium they'd grown to replace what was removed but cement put in there coz there wasn't enough calcium ready for the replacement.

Hence instead of the one op, he had to have another within 6 months. During that time, our Mum died and Kitt had planned on coming to surprize her after her surgery. Needless to say, instead of the thursday after, he arrived the Sunday, the day after Mum died. It was a horrible time for all of us let alone him. He and Mum had had words and he really wanted to surprize her after her op, it never happened.

Two weeks after her funeral we went on holiday to his place in Adelaide. He had his 2nd op whilst we were there. Anyhooooo, after he'd been off work for a year, his company, Holden, advised that unless the surgeon gave him a 100% clearance to go back to work, they couldn't hold his job open any longer. Thankfully my brother had income protection insurance, but that's going to run out come November this year. He's applied for various jobs, but because of his leg and the prospect of possibly a third surgery when he's a bit older, and the fact that the surgeon can't promise another tumor won't grow, there's been almost nothing other than becoming a bus driver, that he could get.

He'd had his own business for years and years, then when he wound it up, he retrained and became a welder. He can't stand up all day like he did at Holden's so this has been very very hard for him to deal with. It's been a real strain on his family. Not to mention the wayward son he has at the moment, a whole other storey in it's self. So just 15 minutes ago my SIL called to say after all the many interviews and checks with the buss company that have been done, my brother got the bus driver's job.

They are going to fully train him, put him through the licensing process, everything. He's so over the moon and so is Tracy. I'm almost in tears for them. It's been a long tough slog these past 2 years but things have finally come good for them. Thanks for reading, oh wow, my brother the 'bus' driver. Too cool for school!! LOL.


Last night, early this morning 19th/20th August.......
Who sent the Spew Fairy to our place???

Omgawd, TB has had the worst night. I woke about 2.30am to hear him spewing his guts up AND in his bedroom. Not just once, but several times that I know of.

Why do kids who can, teenagers even, not run to the bathroom which in my house is only a few steps out of TB's door?? Poor kid though, he said he'd been walking back and forth to the bathroom for a little while and nothing happened, then he just sat up in bed and out it came. Now if you know TB and his room you'll know what we had to contend with last night.

Oh my freaking goodness, this sure got his floor cleaned up. Thank goodness we don't have carpet at all but 12 towels and a mopping and a huge bucket full of crappolla that he'd chucked on got turfed out. Who knows if any of it was important, don't care, he'll have to deal with not finding stuff when he realises he's ruined it.

He was ment to go to his work placement/experience place again today. I'm not letting him out of the house. He's too skinny to be that ill. Just waiting for his careers adviser to call to let them know. It's not just that he's been ill, this place he went to when he explained what he did on Monday's placement, I was livid. Nothing, about 30 minutes of photocopying, feeding their fish and that was it.

Sat next to the receptionist for the rest of the day (that's 8.30am to 5pm wasted) He said he'd rather be at school not missing his lessons. That's a turn around. LOL. Anyhooooo, thank's Spew Fairy, at least TB knows he has to keep his floor a little more clearer in future. Ewwwwww nothing like hosing out a guitar carry case at 3am!

Saturday night, 16th August.......

Well it's been a very eventful night in our neck of the woods here on the Kings Langley fringe tonight. Sadly my next door neighbour's house caught fire and it's been really really traumatic here.

Not only does it look like they've lost everything but as it's a rental and the landlord isn't the type to really keep it uptodate and any repairs I know he does himself may not be 'legit'. So there may be a huge investigation.

The fire investgators will be back in the morning. It's kinda safe, no smoldering I don't think, all power disconnected. The air stinks and I've been covered in soot and breathed in heaps, very sore throat. Another thing is the poor family had no insurance. It started in the front room they called their study, which when I knew the previous tenants was the lounge room.

It was well ablaze when he came almost bashing my door down screaming for help to phone the fire brigade. His kids had almost nothing on, his wife was at work and he doesn't have a huge command of the english language. He tried to go back in, but we stopped him. I'm soooo full of smoke, very wheezey and coughy.

The most awful thing was I could not get through to 000 on either my land line or mobile. I stood up my back yard, dialing and dialing, finally I had to call directory connections and they couldn't put me through, I finally got given some bl@@dy 112 number from optus and I got through, more than 10 minutes of frantic dialling and screaming into the phone.

Thankfully my other neighbour on the other side got through as well. It's been almost 3 hours of sheer fright here. His wife came home to find fire engines and police cars blocking Vardys Rd. Not sure where they've gone now, the kids mentioned something about a cousin they could go to. The father has minor burns, singed hair. I said he did his best, but he should never have tried to go back in. As long as he and the kids were out, that's the most important thing. So people, make sure you have working fire alarms, not just one either.

Make sure you have at least contents insurance. This family looks like they're going to be struggling some now. Make sure you have in place a fire drill/plan of what to do and where to get out no matter what part of the house you are in. This front room was right next to the front door, so I'm not sure how he got the kids out, but thank the Lord he got them out.

Okay now I've calmed down some & I've had some warm milk (hubby's advice from when he did fire drills in the navy), I've started a LO for the CC tonight, but I'm heading to bed shortly. Hubby's been down the side of our house to check there's no damage, yes the flames were high and wide and next doors house is only just over a very narrow driveway away from the side of our house. I'm a bit shakey, was home by myself through all this, but I am so thankful we have all our smoke alarms, fire drill and evac plans for this little place.


Tuesday 12th August am......
The first part of the day......


Oh my goodness. How's this kid of mine's form. Gotta love him dearly but I sooooooo nearly had an accident driving him to school this morning, arguing from about half way there till he got out of the car. Work experience placement form, handed it to me last night and said can you fill this in. No 'I need it tomorrow', no 'it's urgent', no notice of when it's got to be done by.

Half way to school, I say I'll do that form for you today. What!!! I needed it today!!! says testosterone boy. Well it's no bl@@dy good saying that now we'll be late, you didn't specifiy when it was needed son. Don't blame me Mum, I gave it to you, don't make me out to be the blame for it not being filled in. WHAT THE???. Son I say, it's your responsibility if you are to do work experience NEXT WEEK!!!!! to get these forms sorted. If you don't give me all the information I cant read your freaking mind kiddo!! I'll go back and bring it in, no don't do that he says.

Anywhooo I've phoned the school and I'm just about to go back out and take it to them. At least the work placement is only here in Blacktown. So much for my days off being my days off and sleeping in LOL. Isn't testosterone boy in for a shock, he's got to start at 8.30am, lunch at 12.30 to 1pm and finish at 5pm, for 5 days straight. Welcome to the world of 'responisibility' testosterone boy!!!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, agghhh, the steam is coming out my ears almost. How's a mother supposed to suport her kids if they don't tell you stuff, I've told him I can't read his bl@@dy mind, agghhh!! Okay back to Wyndham College I go...........


Later this same day....... pm

Now isn't it interesting that Testosterone Boy (to be known as TB here after to save finger tip typing) got very 'humbled' if that's a good way of putting things, this afternoon.

I'd just done a huge shop at Aldi and was driving down Sunnyholt Rd just as an sms came through. Stopped at lights I read it then put the phone on hands free and phoned him straight away. He copped a horrible sight on the train on the way to Blacktown. He left school at about 1pm, but the train took for ever to get from Q/Hill to Mariyong. There was an announcement on the train to say there would be delays, they'd not got to Mariyong.

When they did get there they were all told they'd have to vacate the train asap as there'd been a very bad 'incident'. TB said he had to walk past a 'body' caught under the wheels of the train. OMGoodness, what a horrible thing to have to witness at any age. He was walking home from Mariyong station when he sent the text and I just happened to be almost at our road when I phoned him, so I turned left instead of right and met him at the Tattersalls Rd intersection.

I made him talk about it. I made him promise me he'd keep talking about it so that he didn't have any delayed shock at that sight later. He has to work tonight, so he's learnt a horrible lesson this afternoon. He never got to the movies, kinda glad, he'll be knackered tomorrow. He's learnt never to skylark around trains, never take a short cut across the lines and all that goes with train travel.

We don't know much about what happened other than what he's told me. I told him he must talk about it, no matter how trivial it may seem what he wants to say. I know what the feelings are like when you have to identify someone who's died, let alone seeing a sight like that. On that note, I shall let you know how TB goes after his father has spoken to him this evening. I'm not going to bring this up at the moment, I think he's had a nasty shock this arvo and he's gearing up for work and getting his assignments sorted.


Okay here ends transmissions for this past week. Sorry it's so long, but if I don't put it all down, I'll forget it and there'll be no consistancy in my blogging history. I do keep this as an online diary as well.

See ya. I may interdisperse some photos in this later
.

Wirg.

No comments: