Friday, 29 August 2008

Doof doof cars and stoopid drivers....

Hi ho everyone

Oh how I have to share this sight I saw in Parramatta today.

Picture this.... corner of Smith & George Sts. George St is a one way street, I'm facing west, the traffic goes east. Coming up to the lights to cross over, one car has already gone around the corner into Smith street heading towards the station at a rediculous speed, fish tailing it & screaming tyres. I stand kinda next to but slightly back from another woman waiting to cross. This is an intersection where all traffic has to stop & padestrians can cross over in all directions.

There's this other car, a darkish large v8 souped up looking 'thing' . I've seen it around Parramatta many many times, but this is the first time I've actually seen it doing it's 'thang'

Oh my goodness! What a waste of space & money. I wonder how on earth these young drivers can afford what they do to these cars. Anyhoooo I digress.

Said car makes one of those hissing sounds legit fast racing cars make as the driver was revving up. All to go around a tight corner in a 50k speed zone? He's got the windows down, he's pumped up the stereo. It's sooooooo loud, I can hear the assistants in the coffee lounge across the road from me yelling to their customers. The lady standing near me laughs & shakes her head. I laugh & comment to her "Oh he's got a look at moi, look at moi type car & doesn't he realise that he'll go deaf real fast with it that loud?"

Everywhere I looked around people were shaking their heads. I even saw a few people holding up their little fingers. Toooo funny!

Lights changed & he's still not moved coz guess what? He has to let all the padestrians cross first. It's a long wait at those lights when you are in a hurry, so he seemed to be. Rev rev rev whoosh whoosh woosh, all sound, but can't get around the corner. And the licence plate, oh my lordy lord, what a lark (or as Deanne & I would say WAFL)

It says FASN8TR (well I think that's what the letters were anywhoo) As in Facinator??? But hey, what goes through my mind reading that, beside oh what a wanker?
LOL, Fastenater, you know those huge craft staplers that clunk in the big fat fancy staples for scrabooking & crafting!! Yeah you know the ones, see the picture?? I laughed all the way to the car park & up to the 4th floor to get my car. I laughed all the way through Parramatta as I saw other souped up vehicles begining to 'cruise' the streets of Parramatta on a Friday arvo/evening.

All I can say is thank goodness I don't work till 5pm, I don't think I'd be able to take that much laughing. What a bunch of tossers I recon most of them are. I've sat at restaurants on Church Street before now with friends, it's a 40 zone along that part. Trying to have a conversation and these 'losers' trawl passed thinking they are sooooo cool/hip/hot/with it/buggin/rad/pimpin' it... what everrrrrr! the heck it is they refer to themselves as now days. You can't hear your own heart beat their 'boomboxes' are so loud.

I see a whole generation coming up of young men with hearing aids and soon. What, hey, what's that, can't hear ya, me ears are ringing. ROFL/WAFL.

hugs
Wirg.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

what a shocker Wirg. Will they never learn.

Hey you need to jump on over to my blog.

I have left you some luv.

Luv Sandie

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

WAFL!!!!!! hehehehehe!!!

I hear ya baby!!!
Deanne
xxx