Two words, if you know me well, may sum it all up, THE OSMONDS!!
Yes, The Osmonds!! I've been a fan for almost as long as I can remember. Particularly a Donny fan. Those that know me know I went to see Donny in 2006 when he toured Australia. I met up with a group of fabulous ladies, all fans like me and we've stayed in touch since via the Osmond for Aussies yahoo group fan site.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, this year marks the 50th anniversary of The Osmonds being in show business and they've put together a world tour, the original brothers plus Donny, Marie & Jimmy. Only thing is, they are only doing one show in Australia and it's in Perth, OMGoodness!! Wasn't that a shock to the system when that was announced. All of us on OFA couldn't believe they'd only be in Perth, most of us are on the east coast of Australia.
Some bit the bullet and booked to go, even though the date wasn't set in ink, and it did get changed too. Originally 6th of June, at the Burswood Dome, now it's 5th June, same venue.
Tckets were from $500 each down to I'm not sure about $120. No way could I afford that. Airfares to Perth could be at least $600 return, then there'd be accommodation and meals and any extras along the way.
I wasn't going to get upset and sad about it because I knew I couldn't afford it or justify the cost of it all. Though it's just before my 50th birthday, I couldn't bring myself to mention to my husband that'd it'd be a nice birthday present, just the ticket or fare, I could try and save the rest. But given all the things that have happened to our house, I didn't see any of it happening.
As fate would have it, our house's roof is getting replace without us having to pay anything towards it. We are waiting on the cheque at the moment from our insurers. It's all set to be done as soon as we pay the builders. Soooo so me extra money we had earmarked towards the house came available. Not enough though for me to go to Perth and go to the concert etc.
I have had a couple of offers from someone I won't mention, interest free loan, no questions asked, could I please please come with them and the rest of the Sydney girls? I couldn't, I said. BUT, yesterday I had another email from this angel of a lady saying she had a spare ticket, don't tell anyone she had it, it's mine if I wanted it, I could share her hotel room with her, all I needed was to get my airfares paid for!
Hubby was listening as I read this email out then said, How would you like a return ticket to Perth for your birthday then? OH WOULD I, I nearly screamed.
I phoned my "angel" and said yes I'd love to go and yes, love to share a room with her there. Give me the flight details you are all on and I'll try getting the same. This is when I got the best news. It's not just any ticket, it's a 'special' ticket. I'm not going to go into the details of this cos I want to keep my "angel's" generous surprise for me quiet for now. Needsless to say, my flights are booked, my 'Angel' knows as does one other lovely lovely lady who'll be on the same flight with the group and is picking me up to go to the airport and drop me home again on the Sunday night.
Oh heavens above, how's my luck been this past few days! I'm going to see a legend of a family perform for probably the very last time together. I'm going to have a visit to Perth I've never been to before. And I'll get to meet up with some of my online scrapping and stamping friends as well. What a dream come true.
You know 2007 was probably one of the worst years of my life, I didn't think things could get any worse. The start of this year wasn't looking very promising, what with the house, our cars being written off etc. But it's just getting better and better as the weeks pass.
So that's my news, I feel very very blessed to have people do this for me, I am deeply humbled by it all! Soooooo when I'm back to work on Tuesday, I'll make sure I've got the days off work, I'll tell them it's booked and paid for by other people, I can't not go! Id' be insane not to ROFL.
See ya for now, I feel the need, the need to go get creative for a few hours.
Wirg :0)
2 comments:
Yay for you Wirg! Can't wait to find out what's so spesh about this ticket!!
Cheers
Steph
That's so exciting for you Virginia ... have a fantastic time babe!
Post a Comment