Saturday, 8 March 2008

And now for something completely different.... NOT!!

I don't believe it! Last night we had a huge storm again, torrential rain so bad i couldn't even go out my back door into the laundry to find some plastic tubs to catch yet again drips from the busted kitchen ceiling!!

How much bloody longer are we going to have to wait. As it is we now have ceiling damage in our lounge now as of this past week. There's a decidedly swollen/bulgy line along where there's a main beam in it plus the paintwork has started to split.

I got woken this morning by my mobile phone just before 8am, I was not a happy camper because I'd not slept well all night wondering where else this sodding rain was gonna come in. Hubby was out night fishing but came home early, ie 1am in the morning so I was quite irritable to be woken that early, the only day of the week I get to sleep past 8am. Low and behold it was our insurance company. "Have the builders been in contact with you and started the repairs yet?" they ask hubby after I've asked them to phone on the landline. Noooooo says hubby, not happy was insurance company rep, we'll be back in touch asap he says.

Okay it's now nearly 2pm, I've done 2 loads of grocery shopping. Thought I'd try that cheap chain, Aldi, for a change. Hmmm $130.00, not bad considering but I still had to go to our usual supermarket for things Aldi don't sell. Hmmmfffrrrrrrffffpphhhhh..... that was lethal, another $110.00 later I'm on my way home with a boot full. Now I really didn't save anything after the 2nd load. But I suppose if I sit and compare my dockets to a previous fortnight shop, I think I may have.

I came out of Aldi with a heap more than a previous shop even if I did have stuff missing. My freezer is chokkas, the fridge is almost and as for my pantry, the main 2 shelves are groaning. I got a few things from Aldi I never see in our usual supermarket anymore, ie tinned peel prawns and tinned crab meat. Hubby will be happy coz we can have homemade seafood pizzas one night this week, and they were cheap these tins. Happy about that!

Soooo I'm home, got everything away, hubby's just come in with a 2nd hand massive glass sliding door he's installing in the renovated shed up the back. Neighbour's just helped him take it off the ute & up the back and now hubby's taking me out for lunch, noice!!

See ya, might have to add some photos here again soon, it's looking decidedly text heavy.

Wirg :-)

No comments: