It's been a littlel while since I've blogged here because we've been trying to deal with the damage and lack of repairs.
At one stage we finally were offered to have our whole house re-roofed with Colourbond instead of tiles. They sent out someone to measure and quote last week finally. But after 5 minutes the blighters had gone. Next thing we get a call from our insurance company saying yes, but we would have to contribute close to $17,000 towards it ourselves.
What thaaaaaaaaa????????? We are not made of money and have had our hopes built up only to be dashed yet again. Sooooooo we are still living under a tarp and with the smelly gapping hole in the kitchen ceiling being covered with thin strips of ugly plywood.
Okay, now I have to make a comment about something I just heard on breakfast TV.
This is only my opinion and it's not ment to create debate or comment. In fact I won't debate it at all okay....
I am just so p'd off with their comments this morning that I have to say something. It's 100 years of Australian Rugby League. I'm not a league fan and never have been. But I couldn't believe they are all complaining about the government's new laws on smoking in Leagues clubs, it's banned! And the taxes on poker machines. They are saying that it's looking bleak for players both elite an in the junior ranks with their funds being slugged with taxes and the like.
Firstly yay, no smoking in clubs,(and many other places) not that I got to any clubs, but it's about time, I hate smelling like an ashtray and I don't smoke, it's a filthy habit
HELLOOOOOOO years ago clubs did not rely that much on poker machines. I was a member of one many years ago, so we could got to their nightclub. It was about that time when some Sydney clubs started expanding and opening longer hours, getting more poker machines etc.
There are so many of the players now days on high salaries, rediculous salaries AND they have no respect. Too many of them drink to excess, I blame their clubs and their bars for a start. Too many of them are NOT good examples to young kids who love their footy. Look at the news this past week in Sydney for an example of how not to be in the limelight!
It's no wonder soccer and AFL are becoming much more popular. I have no sympathy for football players who behave badly, who have no respect for their clubs enough not to get into trouble at latenight clubs and bars. I have no sympathy that they feel they are 'hard done by' not getting higher salary caps.
Come on, it's a bl@@dy game, and I think they have far to high opinion of themselves. They play football, they are not saving peoles lives, they are not adding to the community, they play football, they entertain, that's it. Oh yes I know people will say they do things for charity, yes they do. BUT still, they play football, it's a game, it's just a game!
Oh and before anyone says anything, yes I am a member of the Sydney Swans footy club, have season tickets to Sydney games, but it's a family thing, entertainment, there's no bad crowd behavior, there's no drunkeness, there's nothing I wouldn't want my kid to see at a game.
Enough said, got that off my chest. Now to get ready for work.
See ya.
Wirg.
No comments:
Post a Comment