Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Happy New Year Friends!!

Yes, we are back in Sydney and very happy to be home.

Happy New year, I hope you've all had a fun one too!

We did have the most wonderful time away but I so love coming home to our place. It's been such a topsy turvy time the past few months, and look again, it's been weeks since I last posted.

I've created a new blog today too, a different place to put all my creative stuff. I had a long think about it and thought I'd rather keep my creations and personal stuff separate from now on.

Sooooooo Wirginia's World is going to be just about what's happening around me and my family and friends. Wirginia's Creative World will be for all my crafty creative stuff, scrapping, stamping, stamping, stamping and more stamping. I have so much fun sharing what I do both here and at the Scrapper's Stash that it kinda get's lost sometimes in my ramblings on life and getting by.

So January 1st 2008 seems as good a time as any to make the change. I'm not transferring stuff over, just starting afresh. I'll put a few things up that are already over here, but I'm going to endeavour to put all new creations on the new blogger site. FYI, you'll find it here: http://wirgscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
There's not much up but the 'skeleton' of a site so far but give me time, only been home a day and I don't have a pc right now.

I'm typing this on my hubby's machine coz my laptop was driving me crazy. I got a bigger keyboard hooked up to it so I could type faster, but the darn mouse decided to stop working late this arvo and no amount of trying could I get it going again. So I've shut it down and maybe if I give it a rest and maybe move it to another part of the house, it might 'behave' again LOL. Techology !! I know I love it but man it fair drives me to distraction sometimes aaaaaaghhhhhhhh!!

So where have we been? Mortlake in south west country Victoria, not far north of beautiful Warnambool on the south coast there. Think the Great Ocean Road, yup down there. My hubby's parents live there as does my SIL too. We had a lovely Christmas, all got totally spoilt. My darling hubby gave me the most beautiful diamond and gold ring. I will see if I can put a little photo of it on here at a later time.

Whilst down there I went up to Geelong for a day and met up with some of the girls from the Scrapper's Stash. Wow, what a blast we had. The drive up was real easy. We met at Maggie's (Shabby's) place, sat around the table chatting a bit then we all piled into Maggie's car and went out to lunch at this lovely restaurant at the end of a long pier. It was so lovely seeing the bay, watching the seaplane landing, the yatchs on the water, having a great meal and chatting and laughing. Sandie, Maggie, Marion & Lyn all met up with me at Maggies. After lunch Maggie took us to an aladdin's cave of scrapbooking and craft goodies. OMGoodness, my head was nearly doing a 360, there was so much to drool over.

I came home with a new Crop-a-dile tool (scrappers and stampers know what these are!) some lovely sparkly red paint by Making Memories, more prit power gel coz I used so much of it leading up to christmas, plus I got a gorgeous pack of these amazing large daisy shaped brads. Not too much but well the Crop-a-dile was a big purchase.

After that we went back to Maggie's for drinks and snacks and they got me to do an inpromptdue(?) demo on stamping on glass. We call did a little shot type glass with a nice Stamping Up flower on it and painted them with Lumiere's paints. Big thanks to Marion for bring these along. I did a quick tutorial over at the Stash so other's could know what we created. Photos will be coming later.

I am glad we went down, it was hard knowing my Mum wouldn't be around so I think a well made move going.

That's enough for now, I'm soooo tired. I'll be back again soon.
hugs
Wirg.

No comments: