If you've been keeping up with the happenings, you'll know I had to have my Toyota Camry assessed yesterday (10 January) by our insurance company. It had so much hail damage, the person at the gate directing people where to drive into the assessing bays shook his head and said I hope you are prepared to go home in a taxi!
WELL DERRRRRR, yes I was, I'd cleaned her out the day before, even took off my steering wheel cover and removed the sun shields, ouch hot black steering wheel, LOL. And yup, I came home in a taxi too, but wait for it. My hubby's little Toyota Echo was being assessed 2 hours after my car but as he'd followed me over there, they said well we are not busy right this minuted so bring yours in too.
His wasn't as bad as mine but they were so nice, and asked him did he want it repaired or would he prefer it written off as well. Oh another Derrrrrr, written off please! Sooooooo home we came in a taxi compliments of our insurer. Got into the little car my Dad lent us for a few weeks and up we went to the Toyota Dealer and picked up my new (well new to me but 3 yrs old) Toyota Corolla Sedan. It's a lovely car, and I'm very very happy with it. So glad I'd been saving like a trojan to pay for it coz I handed them the cash and away I drove with a warrenty and all!
Want to see her? Here she is, sitting on my front lawn this morning. Today I will practice driving her up and into our garage and reversing out back down the drive. She's the same length as my old Camry, but no where near as wide.
I took our son to work in it last night and he's been given strick instructions that he's not to get so grubby coz I don't want this car smelling of pizza and garlic EVER LOL. Inside is a beigy/light tan, so I think asap seat covers are on the cards.
Byee for now,
Wirg.
3 comments:
Oh very cute Wirg very cute
ohh she's just gorgeous!
Oh Wirg - she's gorgeous... so pleased for you - and how much better is it to have a 'smaller' car? Hmmm, did they have another one??? LOL!
Post a Comment