Thursday, 14 June 2007

Flowerrrrrr Powerrrrrr...........


G'day everyone,

I've been a bit remiss in my blogging this past week or so, but things have been a bit topsy turvy around here lately. What with the weather storms and the stormy moody teenager, not sure which is worse!!


Okay so why the title Flowerrrrrr Powerrrrr?? Tomorrow night, Sydney time over at the Stash we are having a party!!! Take at look at this thread here...

http://http://www.thescrappersstash.com.au/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1476

...for what the lovely Sandie has in store for us.


I hope you can pop over and join us. These theme nights are always loads of fun and laughter, you never know what is going to happen. Hope to see you there!!


Now what's been going on in Wirg's World lately?

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......................................



The teenager really put us, or should I say mainly ME, through the ringer last weekend. He'd already stayed overnight at a friends on Saturday night. He came home Sunday early evening for a shower and changed his clothes and asked me to drop him off to pick up one friend then take them both to anothers for the movie marathon party they were going to for another friend's birthday.



Now we knew about this movie marathon event and we knew he'd probably be very late home. We were led to believe like about 1am in the morning, which I think though he's only 15, it was a long weekend and he was in a big group and it was a planned party, so maybe this is alright.



Okay so after not being able to get to sleep, finally I did, but was woken up at 3am in the morning with my mobile chirping there was a message. My phone does not stop this noise untill you either switch it's sound off or read the message (or turn it off or chuck in the freaking loo!!!!)



The message goes along the lines of 'just going into the last movie now' see you tomorrow we are going to crash at so and so's place' WHAT THAAAAA? I text him back and say what time do you call this, you are only 15, come home now thanks. It did escalate from there to us talking several times. It isn't easy on my mobile in our house, we are in a bit of a gully so it's hard to keep the blasted signal. In the end I said right be home by 9am. He says but I'll be a sleep, I say set a freaking alarm clock, he says I don't have one, I say yes you do, on that mobile. He says don't know how to work it, I say, before hanging up, work it out!!!!



Well I'm so worked up by now so I stay up for another hour and have a cuppa and go blog reading. Finally I go back to bed about 5.30am then the freaking mobile messages again at 8am. I read it to see that he's "had a fantastic time Mum & is coming home then and there, but it's along walk Mum!" I just tell hubby well, he'll just have to walk faster if he wants to be home by 9am. I don't know how far he had to walk, but Kings Langley is a very very big suburb. He rocks in about 8.35am and I'm still trying to go back to sleep.



I was so angry with him, I didn't see him the whole day, he slept. I left my place about 2pm to go up to the central coast to my Dad's place. Given the horrible storms and floods up that way over the weekend, I needed to get up there to check things were alright because my Dad and sister, Nicole, were overseas. I couldn't leave till after lunch because the main road into where they live was under water, only 4wds could get through according to Dad's neighbour who'd phoned to let us know stuff.



So as it was, I didn't get back to Sydney till about 6pm Tuesday night after helping clean up the yards, take my sister shopping (she got home about 11.30pm Monday night from London) and a few other things around the place to help her.



Son didn't really say much to me much except hello when I got back. Hubby had had loads of words with him coz he said I was too emotional and it was better if I went up the coast and cooled down. Too freaking right about that! Anyway, things have settled here, son hasn't really said much about the weekend but is being much more 'cival' towards me, even came and hugged me Tuesday night saying hey I've not hugged you all weekend. Oh how to pull at my heartstrings the little pooh cack!! LOL.



This week son had to catch up on a load of homework assignments he'd not handed in so the letter home from school said last week, ARGGGG!!



Can you see why I've been so upset with him? His teacher phoned me yesterday to say he'd caught up and she'd fixed up the paper work so that his School Certificate is no longer in jeopardy. Man I could just kiss last week goodbye now don't you think?



Well that's been my past week or so. It's raining again here in Sydney, like teeming down. Looks like maybe just maybe this time, the drought might have broken. Wonder how many inches my front yard will be under again by tomorrow morning? It was 10" on Saturday at 7am when I had to drive to work, eeegads!!



See ya for now, Don't forget the party over at the STASH!!!



Wirg!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Boy I'm not looking forward to the teenage years with our tribe Wirg.......glad he was ok.....luv Sandie