Sunday, 26 October 2008

In my little corner of the world....

Hi everyone,

A few bits about me and what's been happening in the past few months.

It's been a rather difficult time since I came back from Perth but hopefully, now I've some answers (not all though) I can change the way I handle stuff and make living in my little world a bit more comfy. All the chest pain and coughing was caused by severe bronchitis that's still not quite gone and disgustingly bad reflux. Changed meds for the reflux and that alone has made a huge difference.

The feeling like I've not slept in years is because I'm bordering on having, but not quite bad enough to treat, sleep apnonea (?). Tests showed that earlier in my life I've sustained a broken nose that was left untreated. (thanks to my ex!!) It's caused narrowing of my left sinus ways. That and coupled with the fact that my sinus and nasal passages never fully developed and there ya go, chronic sinusitus .

As well as dealing with this and Lupus flairs, I found out that I have a heart murmer. The way it was explained to me is like this....

There's 4 chambers in your heart with valves that regulate the blood flow to and from. One of my lower chambers instead of the valve sealing complete when the flood flows through to the top champer, it kind a leaks a little and lets the blood flow back some. I've been advised there's nothing to be concerned about at the moment and at my age, it's not an uncommon thing. Hmmm!

That was a bit hard to absorbe given how my Mum's health went and ultimately killed her. But I have great faith in my new specialist who will be monitoring me closely from now on. I've had also severe migranes lately again. All because I tried to do and reach things I forgot that I shouldn't do any more. See, not thinking and whilst no one was home, I'm running about the place doing stuff and all of a sudden pop goes my neck and shoulder and within hours comes the migraine.

Physio isn't helping any more because of my lupus. Muscles and joints don't take too kindly the deep massage anymore. Sooooooo now I'm trying laser accupuncture. After 4 treatments, I can say that things are feeling much better and at the same time the doctor who does my treatments, is also working on helping get my blood pressure back down. Because of the migranes, it shot through the roof making the headaches worse.

So ya see, though I feel like cr@p, it's not all doom and gloom. I am trying to keep a possitive outlook. But some days pain and Wirgie are not friends and Wirgie does get very very irritable and cranky. Double supply of the only pain killer on the planet I can tolerate and not over doing things are helping greatly.

The fact that I work in a high stress, no let up public service job don't help, but hey as I've said before, I like this job and it's the stupid 'boffins' calling the shots causing the stress, not the actual work. We have new staff being trained right now so hopefully, they won't run like scared rabbits when they actually get out on the floor, and they stay and take the load off us poor worked-like-dogs call centre staff.

That's enough, sorry, no pics in this post, but I'm working on getting some nice shots of TB and I for hubby as a surprize for our anniversary.

See ya,
Wirg.

3 comments:

smauge said...

You poor thing - go and have a Bex and a good lie down!
Good on you for being positive through it all.
Catch up soon...

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hey you! You know I am always here for you to let of steam!! Glad the acupuncture is helping!
Deanne
xx

Sandie said...

Gosh Wirg, so glad that you have some answers at least. I really hope that your health picks up a bit for you. It's such a drag isn't it when things get on top of you.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Luv Sandie

YOU NEED TO HAVE A LOOK AT MY BLOG - I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU AND ITS A REALLY PRETTY ONE.