Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Life in the fast lane...

Ooooo isn't that a title or line from a song?

Hi everyone

Life sure has been in the fast lane. Work, family, crafting, friends getting together. It's all been happening.

The most exciting thing is TB (Testosterone Boy) turned 17 on the 14th of November. He must be one of the luckiest 17yrs olds because we gave him a car for his birthday. Well it's nothing flash, nothing expensive but we did spend most of last year paying my Dad for the Dihatsu Charade sedan that used to be my Mum's car. It's very basic, manual, no aircon, but it's solid, reliable and just what a young fella needs to learn to drive and be his first set of wheels.

I shall try to get photos of him with it soon. We've not been taking many photos lately, keep forgetting LOL. I've been doing a lot of Christmas card creating. Those of you who visit my creative blog will know that's the truth. I've also been involved in creating things for our church too. We had a great father's day services where I made magnetic bookmarks (about 70 of them) to be given to all the fathers that day.

I've also been busy making jingle bells for our Carols night coming up this weekend. Sadly I forgot to take a photo of them. Must remember at my break up lunch tomorrow to ask the ladies to take one for me coz hubby and I can't go this year. Dang, but we will be attending hubby's work's Christmas party. And that'll be a first for me in about 5 or 6 years. I've either been booked for something else or not well enough to go till this year. We fully intend to enjoy ourselves to the max too.

Short but cheery this post. I'll try not to be too long before I'm back again. We are going to my Dad's for Christmas this year, so I should have lots of photos taken then. I'm off for a whole month from work, oh bliss and heaven! 19th December to 19th January, and it can't come quick enough.

byee
hugs
Wirg x

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Hello there my dear friend.
You have been busy haven't you?

Lucky Ben with his new/old card.

Wow 1 whole month off from work. You will be a new woman. Well deserved break that's for sure.

Take it easy.

Luv Sandie

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

You are just a busy beaver Wirgie!! Bring on the holidays!!

Deanne
xx