Hidy Ho there Blog viewers!!
Well, it's been 5 days since the storm and we still don't have a car that's driveable. In all we are lucky compared to some, but without cars, we've been in threat of loosing our jobs.
We have dear friends who've lent us their 2nd car so Herbie can drive me to work and pick me up. Fortunately Herb's work have put him on leave earlier than planned, so he can now breath easier, and me too!!
He's been madly measuring and ripping stuff out of the garage because he's finally realised that without my car I can't get to work no matter what. He's finally decided to reorganise the garage work benches so that the Camry can be driven in and you can actually get out an open driver's door.
Really the garage was big enough but the previous owner in his infinite wisdom of home renovation (NOT!!) put work benches down all down one side. Hence our garage is long and skinny or has been till now. Herb used to get his motor bike in there but since getting his little Echo hatch, he's let the crap in the garage built up so much that you can't even get the bonet of his Echo in.
Think that Supercheap Auto add where the guy tries to shut the garage door and the other one falls open and everything falls out, yes? Oh yes! LOL, well not quite that bad but there's a heck of a lot of 'stuff' he's 'stuffed' in there willy nilly and now he realises that you can't live like that ROFL. Men!
Soooooo glad I have control of the house or I'd stand no chance. He's a horder, I thought I was the ultimate, but noooooo he takes the cake. He's finally realised you can't hang on to every bit of wood or scrap sheeting or what ever incase you might need it one day. Begone I tell you, and he's agreed to get a skip bin after new year to get stuff taken away. You know we have behind the office between the fence enough old school fencing to fence our whole block of land!! Egads!!
I didn't know we still had it, I thought it had gone in a skip about 3 years or so back when the last room in the house was finished being renovated, but noooooooooo he shoved it behind there and is now realising you need to be able to walk between the fence and the office/garage so you can clean off the roof and gutterings. Oh dear, what a lesson to learn right now hey? Tee hee hee, I can't say to him I told you so, he's been a rock for me this week when dealing with all this damage on top of me still recovering from that dental surgery. But then again, I told him so, didn't I!!
I had some of the stitches out last Friday but it was still so swollen and yuck that unbeknowns to both me and my dentist there were still 2 in there, hidden in the swelling. YUUUUUUUCK!! I got the last two out yesterday and I have to say, I wish he'd left the others in till yesterday. They came out a lot more pleasantly and no sting at all compared to the first lot. Glad that's over, now for the fat face just to finish going down completely and I might look half 'average' again for the first time in months.
Soooooooooooooo, The Scrapper's Stash has been offline for a couple of days, it's back up again everyone AND, we've cleared out a ton of those horrible dodgey members too, Yay!! So pop on over and say hello. There was a little challenge to create something using only brown turquoise and white, that was up on Friday night. Something different to Christmas colours.
I hope and pray you and yours are well as we head towards Christmas 2007 and that each takes a moment to remember the true reason for the season.
God bless you and see you around again soon.
hugs
Wirg.
No comments:
Post a Comment