Hi everyone
After yesterday's post, and the 'interesting' wet day I've had, I thought hmmmm I have to share this story from my hubby with you. It's kinda sad but when we talked about it we couldn't stop laughing. I hope that the fellow my hubby saw didn't have too much of a broken heart. Here goes....
Hubby was jogging, as he tries to do nearly every day after work, near the navy base, around Waverton/Lane Cove. He's jogging away and comes across this man, a little asian man, chucking a stick for his little fluffy dog to go fetch. Dog brings stick back, man throws it again and so on. Hubby continues on the jogging path and on his way back to the base, sees the same man with little dog in his arms. Looked like he was trying to give it heart massage.
Man askes hubby if he knows a vet phone number, man gets out mobile and starts to dial 000, no says hubby , they can't help you, that's for humans. Man asks you do mouth to mouth? Hubby says, as looking at little dead as a dodo dog, no way mate, I'm sorry, the dog's dead. Poor man, he was throwing the stick and hit the little dog accidentaly in the the head, killing it instantly. Nothing hubby could do, he doesn't even have his own mobile.
Oh my goodness. I know it's pretty traumatic, I'm only grateful it wasn't a child that was chucking the stick, but really this is the sort of thing one would see in a monty python skit, it was a dead, very dead dog and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Hubby really felt for the guy but what could he do. He'd done another lap on the way back to the base and the man and dead dog was gone. He's not seen him since.
It has given us a huge giggle and laugh, but I do feel for the man to have accidentally killed his own dog doing what most people do with their pet dogs, playing fetch.
See ya,
Wirg.
1 comment:
oh dear, the poor doggie. but yes that is a little funny :)
Post a Comment