Saturday, 29 November 2008

Christmas shopping... AGGHHHHHHH...

.......... well I kinda survived going up to Castle Towers today. I had to go through three of their car parks before I found a spot right up on the roof, but close to the travelator down.

I thought hmmmm not getting the laybuy out today, too heavy to carry around with other things I needed to possibly buy. So I'll get it out next payday. (ooooo a Wii, yay!!)

I did pick up some hillarious silk boxer shorts for TB, some undies for him too, stocking stuffer stuff. But this teenager of mine does have to wear those mens undies like Pat Rafter advertises, you "really comfy undies" type ones. Gawd, talk about getting expensive now he's into small mens mostly. Some are like $16. for one pair of undies eek!! I did find some plain ones that I'm sure he'll like, 3 pairs for $15. I so would liked to have got him these cool patterned ones, bright orange and khaki green but they were $19 a pair, not likely son!

Picked up some great imported boxes of my Dad's favourite traditional turkish delight. It's hard to find most of the time except this time of year, so he's spoilt, 4 boxes. Plus the best English Jelly Babies ever, had to buy 2 boxes of them coz they are the bested in the world too.

Also some other fruit Jellies that both my sister and Dad like too. On the way home I called into Bunnings looking for my hubby's present. Once again, in the right place at the right time. I swear the one I looked at was the same as about 4 months ago but about $100 cheaper today. Needless to say I bought it. He's gonna love it, a honest to goodness, true blue Dremel kit. If you don't know what a dremel is, take a look here... http://au.dremel.com/html/home_fr.html

He's gonna love it coz he's building a 1/72 scale model war ship and it's huge! The Dremel I've bought him comes with all kinds of attachments and storage containers too. Can't wait to see his face.

Whilst there I asked if they had a tool kit for a teenager who's just got his first car and learning. Another bargain, great $39 kit, in a carry case with 105 bits to it.

So all in all it's been a good couple of hours shopping for my boys. I've still a few more bits to get and then I'll be done, yay, easiest Christmas shop in ages.

See ya, boy two posts in one day, on a roll!
hugs
Wirg.

No comments: