Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Yeah yeah... I know, nothing since August 30th...

Sorry but other things have had more priority and well to be honest, I've had a hard time dealing with 'stuff' lately.

I've not been well this winter at all and things got really bad in the past few weeks. Thankfully I've finally seen the specialist and have had so many test done since last Thursday and have more to have done next week as well. Thinking I probably have asthma, my GP sent me to a respiritory specialist. First thing he askes after the formalities was "You don't sleep very well do you?" No. Do you snore? Well yes, this year I do so hubby tells me. Do you wake up in the mornings feeling worse and like you never slept at all??

Um well yeah!!! How can you tell besides me looking a total wreck? Just by the look of my eyes, the black rings around them and my paleness he says amongst a few other things he did after my examination. No one's ever suggested or tested you for sleep apnea?? No I tell him. So that's one other test I'm having next week as well as a lung function test. I've had scans, ct's, echos blah blah blah.

One of which shows air bubbles in my lungs, some clouding or "ground glass opacity' as well. What ever that means, hopefully only asthma???? I've also had my head 'read' as hubby puts it LOL. I've got severely blocked sinuses, and there are some abnormalities showing in those scans as well. Well derrr, like I've not been able to breath properly through my nose for years coz of heyfever and sinusitus, but hey a 'nasal septal deviation'? Don't know what that is either.

Hopefully it will shed light to the specialist on Tuesday 23rd coz I sure as eggs am not googling all that. I'll just scare the crap out of myself if I start that. Bad enough when I had to read up on what lupus can do to me. LOL. I'm also going to have a re-assessment of that too according to this specialist. He's so nice, very thorough and put me at ease almost from the moment I shook his hand. I was so scared because he asked if I knew that I have a heart murmer. No I didn't know that and that brought me to tears coz I just don't want to end up like my Mum.

He reassured me that he'll get to the bottom of it and that's why all the tests, to rule out things. He said one very good thing is that I've never smoked, though I was subjected to masses of passive smoking growing up and into my mid to late 20's. My mother in particular did up to 100 a day, hence her bad health. The specialist assured me that me being a non-smoke though subjected to all that passive smoke, was a huge plus as far as any heart condition is concerned.

Well thanks, but that still put the frighteners on me. I had a good howl on the way home and now I leave it all in the hands of God coz I'm sure He won't put me through what I can't handle.

Any hoo that's where I've been, why I've not updated. Mind you I've also been having a cracking good time getting my creative mojo back, and keeping in touch with stamping and scrapping friends via the forums and groups I am a member of.

So see ya for now. I'll be back not to far in the future hopefully with some nice photos and stuff rather than all this text.

hugs
Wirg.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Big Hugs Wirg - good luck for your next appointment, hope the specialist can tell you what's going on! Thinking of you matie!

Hugs,
Pepper

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hey Honey!!
Good luck with the tests. Maybe you ought not open any more test results?? Yeah I know, you can't help it - I do it too lol!
Hugs and kisses!!
Deanne
xx

Sandie said...

Gidday Wirg, hmmm its all happening for you right now but I reckon in a way that's a good thing. You may feel like a new woman soon once they figure it all out.

Thinking of you and please take care. Shall keep you in my prayers.

Luv Sandie