Monday, 12 May 2008

So, it was Mother's day yesterday....

Hi everyone

It was a nice day yesterday, I made these mini flower posies for all the Mum's at my church.

My son gave me the camera tripod I've been wanting for so long, and we had a quiet kinda day. Just what I wanted.

I've been feeling rather blue and down the past week or so. I can only put it down to Mother's day coming and I do so miss my Mum. More than I ever thought I would. Every day there's something I'd like to share with her but I can't anymore.

This morning when I got up, I had such a sad feeling within me. During our church service yesterday, I couldn't hold back the tears either. Our son is learning to drive, he now owns my Mum's car. My Dad was going to sell it last year, but we asked if we could buy it from him which we have.

But it's going to be rather weird seeing it parked on our front lawn come November when our son is allowed to have it (he'll be 17 then) . Son's had his 3rd driving lesson over the weekend. He's doing okay, though he needs to learn those corner turns a bit better LOL.

I got an email newsletter from Donny.com this morning. It was Mother's Day in the US as well as here in Australia. Donny included a link to a clip of him singing a song he wrote for his mother. She died 4 years ago and it was on Mother's day too. It's such a beautiful song and reduced me to tears again this morning.

It's a song that you can sing for your children too. I know I'm a keen Donny fan, but this song has the most beautiful lyrics. Here's the link, http://www.donny.com/info/videogallery_mothersday go have a listen then please come back and leave me a message.

Also keep one of the members of the online forum LSBS I'm a member of in mind too. She's going through a rough time having recently been diagnosed with a skin melanoma. Relsi, so many prayers said already. I pray the next op they get it all and you don't have to have the radio or chemo treatments.

Byee for now, hugs
Wirg.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Hello my dear little friend.

Just thought I'd pop in and say gidday and let you know that I was
thinking of you.

Hope all is well.

Luv ya............Sandie