Sunday, 8 February 2009

And so the tree saga continues...

You know when we first moved here, we were going to pull out that tree. Now after all this time and the trauma the tree has suffered in the past week, we are doing all we can to save it!

As from my previous post you'll know the situation with our neighbour. Sadly, earlier in the week, the stupid man did a very bad thing whilst we were not home. I'm so grateful for my digital camera and am glad I photographed it last month. Because the ignoramus took it upon himself to chain saw down one whole trunk of the tree to our fence line. This beautiful tree had a triple trunk.

One we removed ourselves last month and it was only small. Now this tree has had about 1/3 of it's canopy removed and there's a gaping gap where it used to give us wonderful shade. I've photographed it this week and all the pile of chain sawed debre piled onto next door's front yard before they got rid of the 'evidence' I've got legal advice on what to do and we've given the neighbour notice to produce the Council Tree trimming application for what he did within 7 days. Seeing as we have blank copies of this form here and all the information in regard to our area's tree preservation act, we know he does not have this paper work.

It has to have our signatures on it before he can attempt to touch anything overhang on his side. Actually there was hardly anything over hanging, it was a couple of stories high the trunk he chopped down. And he didn't have it done professionally like we did last year when it was damaged by the fire that gutted his front house. There is a big rip in the bark down the side of the stump left where he's let it fall and tear.

My hubby and I are so angry about this that we are sending an official complaint to our council with evidence on what has been done to the tree. We are going to ask that the fellow be procecuted and we want it on record that should this tree die in the next 6 years we will take legal action against him.

It's on record with a legal service, so I'm glad I went for their advice. I'm glad I have all the photos. He's cut so much out of it, we are concerned that it'll be stressed in this extremely hot weather. We are having to get an arborist's report on it to make sure it's not been made dangerous as well. We don't think so but as it's been so hot and we've had no rain, we won't really know for quite a while.

What I am hoping is the tree will fight back and bush out more than ever over on his side. We know from one of his last tennants taking a chain saw to it 5 years ago when it was 1/2 the size it is now, that it triggered a growth spurt that time. I'm hoping that happens again.

I believe from some of the comments made by the owner and previous tennant that they've been trying to do our beautiful tree in for years. We are now determined to keep it and make it flourish if we can. We've told the owner if anything happens to it he'll have to pay to have it removed and a new one planted. We've also told him if it comes to that we'll be putting about 5 more in it's place. Won't he cack himself it that happnes?? Oh yes!

So stay tuned as to what happens, Herbie and I are not letting him get away with this or any other of the demands he's been trying to make from us in the past few years. We know he's vying for a new fence, there's nothing wrong with the one we have so he's not going to win there either. I've also photographed it incase it should suddenly start leaning or bits fall off it. It's quite a sturdy fence so he's up for a fight if he wants one on that.

I've had a look at where he lives. He's been building on and renovating his house that he lives in, not far from us. He's got himself a brand new boat, 4wd and his house looks like a McMansion now. So to tell us he is hard up for money makes me want to peuk!! He owns 4 other properties other than his own house, we have our home and that's it. If he thinks because he's got all this he can look down on us and make demands, he can go, as my online forum friend says "shove it up his clacker!!!!!!!" Nuff said for now, I think so.

hugs
Wirgie

No comments: