I've been having a mid summer clean, as opposed to a spring clean. My craft area is sooooo much better now, no boxes or containers on the floor. I got the third bookcase so my last set of 3 drawers are now over by my desk as intended. My cuttlebug is in the bottom of these drawers, as intended and all that's at the end of my desk is my trolley cube that I take to crops. What a great feeling!
2ndly I've been rather unwell from the heat affecting my lupus so I've made a monumental step of being put on a very strict weightloss diet. It's day three and I'm not feeling hungry much and I've been soooo good. I have a new blog to follow my progress but I'm sorry, it's a private one by invite only so you won't see any links to it here or anywhere really.
I also sorted a couple of shelves in my loungerooms wall unit. I can't believe the crap I've got there from my job, take a look at this lot.....
Can you believe all of this was just to pass my first year and get out of IT (in training) grade and into grade one? I'm now grade 5 after 4 years, whoot, (insert sarcasm expression here.
What a load of bollocks. It's being ditched today now the recycle bins empty. I'll recycle the big binders though. Can't 'waste' the governments money can I? LOL. Oh and my wardrobe in the bedroom is getting the same 'declutter', it's just hard to decide what to part with whilst I'm embarking on a weightloss program.
I've been taking it easy with this hot weather. Our aircon's been chugging away non-stop for nearly two weeks. Today is the first day it's not been on before I've gotten out of bed. Though it's building up again out there, very sunny, ewwww bright light, bright light!!
I'm going back to work next Monday, boooooo! I've been off a whole month but really, though I'm fed up with working, I'm glad to be going back coz this week I've started to get rather bored. One can only do so much sorting of stuff LOL.
I'll be also glad because both properties on either side of us have been banging and hammering away all week, it's rediculous, starting at 7am. The fellow who own's the burnt out property is a right pain in the proverbials. He knocked on our door yesterday insisting that our Jacaranda tree has to be cut down as it's 'lifting' his concrete drive to his 2nd house at the back. After he'd gone yesterday I went and took photos, take a look a bit further down. The fence is being touched, just, by one of the double trunks but it's not pushing the fence over.
The concrete is NOT cracked, it's a bit higher than the slabs on either side, but so is my drive way. It's all this wacko weather we've had drying out the soil underneath. We've had a structural engineer here at our place in the past 12 months and know this for a fact coz our foundations had moved and we had to have the house jacked back up, chocks put under the pilons and a new main beam as well. We bl@@dy well know about soil movement and his bl@@dy drive is NOT being lifted by the tree.
Look at this lovely tree.... and see the fence on the other side? It's not 'leaning'!!
Look at this lovely tree.... and see the fence on the other side? It's not 'leaning'!!
This is looking back down the drive at our joint fence, can you see any leaning? I can't...

See the raised concrete? It's in the join, not where the tree is. This is the other side of the contrete slab, see no cracks, just the join to the next slab!
Now that we are use to our tree, we don't want it gone because it gives us much needed shade over this part of the house. Sooooooo it's messy, so we can't use our clothes line when it's dropping it's flowers, who cares, we don't! Hubby recons the neighbour's just building up to telling us he wants a new fence.
Not bl@@dy likely, there's nothing wrong with the fence as you can see by the photos!! So Mr "I own 4 houses already", take a huge hike coz it ain't happening any time soon!! He recons he's going to the council to find out about it being cut down. I've already been advised by the aborist when we had it trimmed after the fire that council will not allow a tree as big as this to be removed unless it's dangerous, it's NOT!!
Nuff said?
See ya chums
hugs
Wirgie x x



No comments:
Post a Comment