Monday, 29 December 2008

Who had a beaut Christmas then? Blue cocky photos are up!

We did that's for sure. Hubby loved his Dremel with all the accessories, he hasn't stopped playing with it. He was sooooooo happy, he even took parts of his model away with us and got to use the Dremel on it. He was in heaven. He's up in the workshop now, carving and building away.

TB got his much wanted and waited for Amp. It's a Fender one (same as his guitar) and OMG is it loud and he didn't even turn it up more than 1/3rd! Eeeek, it's awsome, he was so happy. Loved his super cool batman tshirt and new pairs of thongs, silk boxers and other bits and pieces.

Me, I'm one very happy and contented little Wirgie, with a Wii and the Wii Fit to go with it (well it was a family pressy but I really wanted it so it was on layby for soooo long) TB gave me the dvd of In the Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith, great movie but he also gave me an apology that it wasn't Mamma Mia coz he knows how much I want it. It was sold out everywhere he went.

That's okay coz I have $200 of Big W gift cards, and $90 of Kmart/Myer cards to spend so I'll get me a copy of it no worries. Hubby gave me the most gorgeous platinum and diamond ring. I did tell him he was ever so naughty and that I'd have loved a Zutter Binding machine or a Making Memories Slice but he would not have a clue where to get them from. He remembered my comment about this ring when I saw it on a tv add so he layby'd it and it's on my little digit as I type. Want to see it? Here ya go........

It's so very 'Art Deco' in style and it's rather sparkly in different lights.

So all in all we had a lovely Christmas. We totally loved being at my Dad's though we came home a couple of days early because TB had his first band pratice Sunday. Yes you read right, he's now in a band. They'd been waiting for him to get a new amp so it's all systems'play' now.

It's also been stinking hot and my Dad's place only has a small split system in the lounge. It was getting very warm by Saturday night so he didn't mind us leaving a little earlier than planned. I have to be at the dentist Tuesday morning at 9.30am as well, only a check up but it's taken me a year to get over my last visit. Time for a clean again me thinks.

Sooooooo tell me, anyoneever seen a blue Cockatoo? You know those parrots that look like cockatoos but don't have the big yellow crest, just little short white ones? There's a cocky that loves to visit my Dad's backyard with his little flock and the little fellow is a lovely shade of light blue. We've been pondering for days how on earth did he get blue? I took some photos, he's ever so cute hopping up and down around the back lawn and in the bird feeder house my Dad's placed on an old tree stump.

One last thing, it's taken me all day to get logged in here but have to share this. We went fishing a few times in our boat whilst up there and saw as we came in one late afternoon that a boat was bringing in a huge fish. Turned out to be a Mako (?) shark. Pretty big, about 6 to 7ft long at least. But I was so angry at what they did to it when they got it in on the beach.

The poor thing was still alive. Instead of putting it out of it's misery, the blokes proceeded to cut off all it's fins whilst it was still moving about slightly. I'd have laughed if it gave one last big thrash coz it's teeth were plentiful and rather pointy. I took some photos but they turned out rather blurry. I didn't want to get to close incase they didn't want anyone photographing it. It was a little windy too. But these will give you a bit of an idea. It was the most beautiful bluey colour.


See ya for now, gotta get the blue cocky photos of my laptop, I'll put one in here later.
hugs
Wirgie x x

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Hello there my dear friend Wirg.

It sounds like your Christmas was the bestest one all round. Lots happening.

Can I just say that your new ring is absolutely BEAU-tiful. Well done on dropping enough hints - it paid off!!!!!!

Great news about TB being in a band - what a buzz for him!!!!!

Take care my friend and have a safe and happy new year.

Luv Sandie