Omgoodness, regular readers of my blog know that my 17yr old TB is a guitarist. He's had his own Fender Strat for 3 years, and a new accoustic steel string since last Christmas and a couple of other folk guitars and a Ukaleli (?) for a few years as well.
This week TB had to do his first public performance as part of his assessments for his HSC (that's the Higher School Certificate to non Aussie reads, year 12, his last year in senior high).
We didn't know what to expect coz we know he's really into heavy metal. We haven't heard him play for a little while coz he needs a new amp at home. But I do know every spare moment he has as school, he's down in the music department. We can also hear him strumming in his room but it's so soft without the amp.
Were we in for a treat or what!! Hubby and I just stared at each other with jaws dropped. This son of ours plays so well and soooooo fast, his fingers were a blur! We couldn't believe how professional he's become. He did his solo about the fourth student up, then a little after than another student was playing drums so TB accompanied him then too. Amazing stuff.
They were all recorded for self critiquing (?) later but we've been told they are all allowed a copy of it. Yay, coz I'm sure TB's music teacher from last year, who's a church friend of ours, will love to see him now. Here's some photos at his solo. We didn't want to take any with the 2nd performance as it wasn't his solo spot.


Sorry, they are a little blurred, but those long thin fingers were moving so fast, it was hard to catch them LOL, plus I've had to use the zoom, we were a few rows back.
See ya, gotta fly, off to Spotlight for a bit of retail therapy LOL.
hugs
Wirgie x x
ps yes I know the date is wrong on my camera, it chucked a wobbly when I changed to a different recharged battery and I forgot to reset it.
2 comments:
Nice Fender - lookin' cool TB
Cool piccies Wirg :) Ben looks like he is right into it!!!
Go Ben!!!
Post a Comment