Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Since my last post................

.......... We've had one birthday and a wedding anniversary celebrated.

Hubby's birthday was 11th and wasn't he a happy little vegemite getting the next boxed set of Battlestar Galactica (we are up to part one of season four now, woohoo) and this nifty craft knife that's looks like a retractable pen. He's been eyeing off mine for ages and I threatened him never to 'borrow' it. Let's face it, it would never be the same if he did.

So he now has his own with a set of replacement blades too.

We also celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday (16th) Didn't really do anything, but hubby gave me a Lava Lamp, something I've wanted for a long long time. It's got blue water with red 'bubbles'. My lounge is starting to look a little 'retro' lately with this lamp and my fibre optic one too. I'll be going Op shopping during my break from work looking for some nice retro looking vases and stuff, oh and a unique coffee table too.

I created for hubby his own blog yesterday too. He's building a model ship up in his refurbished chook shed, now called the 'Workshop' Here's his blog.... http://herbis1to72model.blogspot.com/

Not a lot on it yet, but it does have current photos of his model that I took yesterday. This ship will be close to 4 metres long when completed. He thinks it's going to take him years and years to get to the stage where he can launch it and remote control drive it. And before you ask, yes it does fit out the door LOL. He checked as soon as the keel was layed down that he could. It was a bit of a worry at first, but all is very good!

I've bought him something very spesh for Christmas, can't put it on here, just incase he reads this. But I know it's going to be well used on this model. Once he's finished this model he'll be able to join this exclusive club for 1 to 72 model makers here in Sydney. He's on fire with how much he's done. I recon he's probably bought out all the 3mm balsa wood within a 30k diametre of our place alone ROFL.

See ya,

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary for yesterday Wirg & Herb! It's ours today (17th) - 14 years!

That's one rather large model ship Herb is building, I can see why it'd take years to get it to launching stage!

Hugs,
Pepper