... almost around the twist it feels like these past few weeks. But never mind. Thought I'd best put a post up to say hello, I'm still about and no haven't totally lost it after last weeks court ruling.
To say I was gipped, ripped off and totally screwed over by the insurance company is an understatement. I won, and rightly so coz who could be responsible for a re-ender car accident if they were the passenger? I ask ya!!
There was a settlement but the sneaky underhanded bastards totalled up everything they recon they'd paid for over the past 5 years, doctor's treatments, physio & the like, then took all that out of the settlement along with goodness knows what else. So what did I end up with for all my heartache and permanent pain for the rest of my days? Virtually diddly squat!!!!!!!!!!
My barrister is livid because we had a bit of better settlement the day before the court hearing, then over night, the other side changed their minds, AFTER the court appointment was cancelled. My side tried to get the appointment back but it was too late, they said no you've got a settlement all done.
They were told the other side reniged over night, we were told well sort it out then. When the paper work came for me to sign (I didn't know all this by the way and was going into the city for a 2pm appointment to sign off) the other side had changed the amount again and didn't get their sums right with all the dispersements either.
To say it was a sh*t fight is an understatement. Anyway, after waiting for ages to get into my appointment I find all this out. You could have dropped a ton of bricks on me, I was dumbfounded. My lawyer is sending some very stern letters to the other side, their lawyers and somewhere else he told me I can't remember where, to voice how disgusted he is at how I've been treated all this time. And he's letting them know my thoughts too. To say the air was a little blue when I first walked into his office & was told all this, is an understatment at least. I couldn't stop myself, man I was ropeable!
Anyways, it's finished, over, behind me. I must get on now. Things have been getting happier except for my dear Mum's passing. I've been coping okay except for that. This week has been another story. I spent most of yesterday crying, at the drop of a hat. I feel much better today, though that could be coz I've now got 6 days off and am escaping for the weekend away with some friends.
I've had this horrible reoccuring nightmare for want of a description. It's not really a dream as such. I'm not going to say what it is, but I kept having it for months after Mum died, but it stopped. Now this past 2 weeks it's back with a vengance. I told my bible study leader yesterday and she said she totally understands how I'm feeling. I told her the details and she said no one could be expected not to be affected by something like that. She has something she's looking for for me to read. She'll give to me at next weeks meeting.
I think after finally letting it out yesterday and sharing this nightmare with someone other than my hubby, has helped a great deal. I didn't dream last night at all. My arm kept twitching, so it's not like I slept more than an hour at a time coz stupid arm kept waking me up. LOL.
Anyways, That's a bit of an update folks. Don't forget that the Scrapper's Stash have their Friday night Fast Challenge happening tomorrow night, do pop in and take a look and join in the fun!
I'll back after the weekend to share with you all the antics we got up too, sooooooo looking forward to this. The bottles of voddy and agrum have been packed for days!!
hugs
Wirg
1 comment:
To my dear Wirg, what a big pooh cack of a day you've had. I hope with the follow up letters etc you will get something out of it.....what a big headache this has been for you - and none of it your fault as you said. Hang in there matie.
Hope you have the bestest time a way this weekend - just what the doctor ordered.
Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Luv Sandie
Post a Comment